Tailgate Linkage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badco8

Badco8
Reaction score
:unsure: :blink: Hopefully you can shed some light on this problem. I am in the process if hooking up my tailgate linkage and prior to having the bottom of my tailgate repaired, the original switch arm was wired to the bottom tension bar.

Now that I am ready to install all of the linkages,I have nowhere to hook the bottom link.

I found a link at the JY but it had been removed from the old tailgate and was lying inside.

Is this piece necessary? From what i have been able to gather, it is supposed to prevent opening the tailgate unless the window is all the way down.

Where do I go from here?

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
Is it the spring loaded rod on the passenger side that loops onto that hook? I never hooked mine up, and the window still works, its just to ease the dropping of the tailgate.

OP
OP
B

Badco8

Badco8
Reaction score
Is it the spring loaded rod on the passenger side that loops onto that hook? I never hooked mine up, and the window still works, its just to ease the dropping of the tailgate.

No, that would be the tension bar. This is one of 4 rods on the tailgate latch assembly that opens the tailgate. :)) :)) :-B

BLADE262US

Reaction score
The rod that hangs down that has like a rubber covered hook bent in it gets pulled down when the window goes down thei then enables the inside handle to release the catches . Its a safety so you cant try to open the gate with the glass up . It just hangs down and theres a plastic clip that it runs through to keep it centered you will see the hole the clip plugs into on the innner skin of the gate . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
B

Badco8

Badco8
Reaction score
The rod that hangs down that has like a rubber covered hook bent in it gets pulled down when the window goes down thei then enables the inside handle to release the catches . Its a safety so you cant try to open the gate with the glass up . It just hangs down and theres a plastic clip that it runs through to keep it centered you will see the hole the clip plugs into on the innner skin of the gate . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks,I'll try it tomorrow. [-o< [-o<

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
No, that would be the tension bar. This is one of 4 rods on the tailgate latch assembly that opens the tailgate. :)) :)) :-B
What are you laughing about, my tailgate WORKS!!!! :)) :))

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23