Tailgate Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDBronco91

Reaction score
So after getting my new(to me anyways) 1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer Edition, i put the tailgate down to clean the back of it. After I was done, i shut everything and went to roll up the tailgate glass, but it didn't work. Both the tailgate key switch and dash switch wouldn't roll it up. I figured it might be a motor, but the motor is fine and the switches are fine too. I was reading somewhere else that it could be a safety switch that won't allow the window to roll up if it senses the tailgate isn't up/in alignment. Has anyone else had this problem, or are there any suggestions as to what i should do?

monch915

Reaction score
So after getting my new(to me anyways) 1995 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer Edition, i put the tailgate down to clean the back of it. After I was done, i shut everything and went to roll up the tailgate glass, but it didn't work. Both the tailgate key switch and dash switch wouldn't roll it up. I figured it might be a motor, but the motor is fine and the switches are fine too. I was reading somewhere else that it could be a safety switch that won't allow the window to roll up if it senses the tailgate isn't up/in alignment. Has anyone else had this problem, or are there any suggestions as to what i should do?

I've had this problem before but it only happens when i have the back filled up with stuff and it doesn't let the tailgate close all the way. Even though it looks closed i still have to give it a little push so the window will go up. So basicly make sure the tailgate is completely closed shut, maybe try slamming it shut. lol it just might work. hope this helps. and if not I apologize in advance.

keeprollling

Reaction score
When I first got this bronco I had the same problem but with me it was the opposite, I could not lower the window, after lowering the window with a battery straight to the motor, this allowed me to open the gate and slam it shut.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj