Synthetic Oils

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burns

Reaction score
Anybody run synthetic oils in their broncos? Crankcase, diff, trans or any other types. I heard both sides of the story, that they can be put in place of conventional oil, and that they leak like a river when put in anything that's not designed for it. I'd like to run Torque oil in it, but if it's just going to drain out it's not going to be worth the cash.

Yardape

Reaction score
Do you have any leaks now? Ive never heard of synthetic oil leaking where conventional oils do not. I plan to run Royal Purple throughout my truck

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I've had synthetic oil in mine, currently it has regular oil. No problems with leaking of either.

BB33's

Reaction score
Synthetic oils are fine and they do hold many good gains in performance and protection but I would just use a good brand of conventional(I only use valvoline 10W-30) and a bottle of STP at every oil change.

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
I run a synthetic blend,castrol (10w30) and abottle of lucas oil stabilizer in mine...also run a synthetic blend in both diffs.with friction modifier in the rear...No new leaks that i've seen...and does run smoother...You know that if you don't want to go full synthtetic you can stay with a blend...and if it's not your cup of tea you can go back to conventional oil...i had always heard once you go full synthetic you can't go back????(anybody know more about this) B)

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK