sway?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keeprollling

Reaction score
My Bronco is pulling to the right when accelerating and pulling to the left when braking, it started doing this yesterday on the way back home from work. Could this be the sway bar causing this pull? :unsure:

bidibronco

Reaction score
Sounds almost like you're sending all of your power to your left tire durring take off and your right break is breaking harder. That's what I would assume...

OP
OP
keeprollling

keeprollling

Reaction score
I had it worse today. the truck would not move, so I opened full throttle and my rear right tire started to spin. Seems like the brake pads are stuck, well the whole way home it felt like if I was holding the brakes and accelerator at the same time. I just dropped my truck at the mechanic, and a few blocks away from there my break foot went all the way to the floor, so I had to pump the brakes to stop (scary feeling is happen to me in my 66 Galaxie {twice}). I am thinking the breaks were heating up and causing air bubbles in the lines, ohh well the mechanic will let me know in the morning. Thanks guys for your input, I just got to it a little late.

broncobob58

Reaction score
I had something similar happen on my bronco.I noticed a couple of times after putting the E-brake on it wouldn't move right away or felt like it was dragging when you drove and then would be fine.I also noticed it would pull to one side when you stopped.The brake pedal felt harder than it did before and would stop right away,sometimes even locking.People that rode with me even complained because sometimes just slowing down the brakes would be touchy and would feel like I was hitting them hard.I later went to check the rear brakes and had all I could do to take the right drum off and when I finally did I noticed the parking brake cable was stuck on.The cable was so rusty that even after soaking in oil I could not budge it.So after disconnecting it I didn't have any problems(still have to replace it).You have two different parking brake cables for each rear wheel after the equalizer,,one of them could possibly be stuck or possibly stuck wheel cylinder and as far as the brake going to the floor it could be that the wheel cylinder let go or have broken a rear brake line assuming your master cylinder is good.

OP
OP
keeprollling

keeprollling

Reaction score
I forgot to post about this topic after it was fixed. The fron brakes were low and almost eating at the rotors. The rear driver side had oil leaking out, but not from the cylinder, but from the axle seal, it was broken and wetting the surface of the drum. The neck of the axle where the seal goes is being eaten away, not sure why, but the mechanic wanted to change it, **** ill save the labor fees and do it myself and replace both at the same time.

As of now the truck is breaking better but its been about two weeks since the new pads were installed and I still get new brake pad smell when breaking hard or down hill, then it seems like the stops are longer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat