stupid lazy people **** me off!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trains11tjc

Reaction score
so tonight i was sanding my truck getting it all ready for paint and the guy before me i guess got in a wreck in it and he tries to i guess make it look better by caulking the front quarter panels to the grill... :blink: i guess trying to make it look like the panels just blended with the grill and he did the WORST job he could possibly do. What makes some dude put caulking in a freaking truck...he may be new to this world or something but here we use bondo for stuff like that...sorry if i seem a little critical or something but i do paint repair and body repair so this kind of stuff ****** me off. On top of the caulking the dude put some kind of goop on the inside of my quarter panel on top of rust! oh my god i want to ****! i've got a HUGE job ahead of me. @-)

Last edited by a moderator:

BRONCFOOT

Reaction score
so tonight i was sanding my truck getting it all ready for paint and the guy before me i guess got in a wreck in it and he tries to i guess make it look better by caulking the front quarter panels to the grill... :blink: i guess trying to make it look like the panels just blended with the grill and he did the WORST job he could possibly do. What makes some dude put caulking in a freaking truck...he may be new to this world or something but here we use bondo for stuff like that...sorry if i seem a little critical or something but i do paint repair and body repair so this kind of stuff ****** me off. On top of the caulking the dude put some kind of goop on the inside of my quarter panel on top of rust! oh my god i want to ****! i've got a HUGE job ahead of me. @-)
Bet you his parents were dopers BIGTIME! :-& #036;

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
If that's the worst of your problems left by the PO....consider yourself lucky..!

BUT...some mfgrs. use a caulk in seams... BONDO would "crack" due to body flex.

Land Cruiser, for one, used a seam caulk to smooth & seal joints but left the actual crease very visable.

You can still buy this joint sealer/caulk....it works GREAT..!

bigbob66

Reaction score
On my 66 I leaded the seam on the rear fenders. It has been just fine for the last four years. Try it you might like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

trains11tjc

Reaction score
On my 66 I leaded the seam on the rear fenders. It has been just fine for the last four years. Try it you might like it.
I mean i like it....but i dont like it when its done crappy on my truck...dont get me wrong if its done right i LOVE it but when its cracking due to the body moving it just doesnt look good. I've seen trucks that have done it and they look BEAUTIFUL but i dont like it with the stuff he put on there (im pretty sure it was house caulking).

bronco76

Reaction score
hey there man i know how you feel... I was sanding on my bronco and i found that the guy who had it before me decided to use caulking instead of bondo to fix holes in the body. not to mention that he didn't even remove the rust either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23