Stabilizer Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Traffic

Reaction score
Hello...

I have a 1983 Ford Bronco... It has a 6" lift with extended radius arms...

I have seen some Bronco's that have stabilizer bars...

What is the reason for having stabilizer bars...?

My understanding is - Stabilizer bars are used to help prevent body roll on cornering - but hampers the flex between each set of tires...

I am just wondering if I am missing something...

Thanks for any help you can give...

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
A stabilizer bar or "anti-sway" bar is designed to reduce body roll and suspension travel, and keeps the truck straight when towing. Since you have a 6" suspension lift designed for offroading, I would suggest leaving the front and rear bars off or removing them. If you have a problem still with the body leaning when taking corners, slow down, replace any worn body bushings, or install stiffer shocks.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Ditto on Justshootme's comment. They are a roadability item and limit the travel of your suspension. Off roading likes a loose suspension that can extend.. So it depends on where this truck is going to spend a lot of it's time. If you plan to do mostly road driving keep them to help with the lean, if mostly off road remove them. Keep in mind that you have raised the center of gravity of your truck and that means that it will roll over easier, [-X no sudden swerving. It only takes two motions to roll most high center of gravity machines, a sharp turn in one direction followed immediately by a sharp turn in the opposite direction and without tortion bars that becomes even easier.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
T

Traffic

Reaction score
Thank you both for the information...

I think I will leave them off...