Speaker Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco217

Reaction score
I'm wanting to upgrade the factory front 6.5" and back 5.5" speakers in my 95 Eddie Bauer. I know this is a subjective question, but does anyone have suggestions on brand for best sound?

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
My rears are a 5x7 might double check yours.

To fit a modern 6.5 speaker in the doors you will have to grind out 1/4" around the speaker hole. I run Hertz brand in my Bronco.

Honestly any major "name Brand" speaker you buy and spend more then $100 will sound good. I think my Hertz Door speakers were $250 for the pair.
My advice, check out you local car audio shop and see what they recommend. My local shop has the display set up so you can listen to what your about to buy.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
We used whatever advance auto had. of course not top of the line but way better than factory. At least in the doors. Can't remember the rears.

Did not open the hole up. Just screwed it in. That inner lip kind of bends or flexed enough for us. LOL.

DBStoots

Reaction score
Just had new audio system installed. Rear speakers are JL Audio C1-570X 5"x7"; front speakers JL Audio Evolution C2-600X 6" coaxial. Sub is a Rockford Fosgate. Head Unit is a Kenwood KMM-X704, a single din unit as I did not want to cut or modify the dash. Sound is amazing!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane