Spark Plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Thats cool and all but wouldn't this causes more heat to the piston and create a hole quicker than a premium plug? Most mfg of plugs have different heat ratings we all have to watch out for too.

OP
OP
H

highboy73

FORDing thru life
Reaction score
have you ever side gapped a plug?is unshrouding the spark not a good thing?should I buy the high dollar plugs?just wondering cause me and alot of other people think this is a good idea.

your not running a differant plug you're just making the spark bigger,and if heat was the problem with this idea why would they sell high voltage coils and split fire plugs?

big jon

Reaction score
first of all spark plugs are a small price to pay concidering how important they are to performance most people are willing to put tires on there truck that cost 300-500 dollars each but we will go cheep on plugs if its cosmetic we will spend the money but if you cant see it lets go to walmart..... horse power cost $$$$$ if you want it spend it...........big jon

OP
OP
H

highboy73

FORDing thru life
Reaction score
horsepower doesn't always mean money just because someone has the money doesn't mean they know how to put it all together or to even pick the parts.

there are tricks and tips that we all use everyday on all of our rigs to make them better,I personally am not a cosmetic man but what ever floats your boat i guess.

I post things for folks to take a look at and read for them selves read the article in the link if you don't like it then don't do it no need to tell me about it.

yeah you are right sea!

Seabronc

Reaction score
I agree with you highboy, we put in our .02 on a "for what it is worth" basis :-" . There is no need for anyone to take off on it.

Every post can be viewed as an alternative or additional bit of information, "I did this and it worked for me", "this is what my shop manual says about it", "here is something that you won't find in the books but we have been using it at our shop", "for what it is worth", etc.

I would like to find out just where the power and economy curves come together for my engine and I intend to do so when I get time. In the mean time I'll read what I can find on the subjects :-B and talk to people who know more than me :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> , and that is a lot of people :lol: .

Good luck folks,

:)>-

OP
OP
H

highboy73

FORDing thru life
Reaction score
i totally agree if I knew it all I wouldn't be here.everyone has something to teach.I just read and learn.

thanks sea

Billz4x4z

Reaction score
I'm dumb...i never heard of this but now that i have I'll be doin it to all my plugs.Plus it gives me a good excuse to by a dremel...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23