Solving problems alone--when help is NOT around.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I found out a way you can check if you are getting spark to the plugs. While inside the cab. Take a piece of wire and attach it to your plug wire and use a tester or if you have a gauge to test the voltage--to see if you are getting enough power. If you are like me--and it is NOT recomened--I hold the wire and if it getting good juice--it will make your arm ****. Like I said--it is not recommend because it can **** you. Shorten your heart/ The VA doctor chewed me out when I told her about it.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I found out a way you can check if you are getting spark to the plugs. While inside the cab. Take a piece of wire and attach it to your plug wire and use a tester or if you have a gauge to test the voltage--to see if you are getting enough power. If you are like me--and it is NOT recomened--I hold the wire and if it getting good juice--it will make your arm ****. Like I said--it is not recommend because it can **** you. Shorten your heart/ The VA doctor chewed me out when I told her about it.
Good idea.

Nope not the safest but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

mikefamig

Reaction score
When I got married in 93 (younger days) my wife and I rode in a 1936 Hudson Terraplane as a photo-op. On the ride the car broke down and I found myself under the hood in my wedding suit and not wanting to waste time I just stuck my finger in the top of the coil and had them turn it....no spark.

Both my wife and my FIL gave me a rash but we made short work of that breakdown and had the trailer come to get the car.

It's been sitting for a long time but we still have that car.

Attachments

• 65256461110__5B9FB04F-2FEA-4956-92B4-0F092802ED12.jpg
    65256461110__5B9FB04F-2FEA-4956-92B4-0F092802ED12.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
When I got married in 93 (younger days) my wife and I rode in a 1936 Hudson Terraplane as a photo-op. On the ride the car broke down and I found myself under the hood in my wedding suit and not wanting to waste time I just stuck my finger in the top of the coil and had them turn it....no spark.

Both my wife and my FIL gave me a rash but we made short work of that breakdown and had the trailer come to get the car.

It's been sitting for a long time but we still have that Now THAT IS A CAR. You must have had it along time and have many fond memories in it and wouldn,t sale or trade it for anything. I have a 66 Farirlane gt . I had since 74. My friend was telling me one day. Everytime he went to have some alone time with his lady up a holler. THEIR that Fairlane set. With the back -end going up and down. Yes that car has put a smile on my face more then once. I had a great time in it.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score

It's been sitting for a long time but we still have that I read where your car was the safest car ever made. I drive a old 84 Buick Regal and people are all the time telling me its a car--not like these new way over price pieces of junk.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke