Should I Buy A Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveispd87

Reaction score
I have a 99 Silverado Z71 and i am thinking of selling it b/c i dont want a payment anymore. i saw a Black 93 Bronco w/ 57k for sale. Its perfect but i dont want to get crappy gas mileage. i could problably get it from the dealer for like $6500. i am about to go to college. Should i do it?

Bull

Reaction score
All the people you ask on this forum are a little biased. Get rid of a "chebby" for one of the most capable and best built rigs ever - **** YEAH!

If mileage is a real concern, maybe a Hyundai?

Let's face it, you are never going to get "great gas mileage" from a fullsized truck or SUV...if you want a rig that has style, capability on & off road and reliability, I say go for it!

Bradt

Reaction score
believe it or not I usually get around 17-18 mpg. At least that's what it was before my odometer got a little off. That's not bad for an '88. I know people getting worse mileage out of their brand new Lexus/Lincoln suv.

Brad

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I say "NO!!!!!!!!!!!" The 99 Z-71 should be worth twice as much as that Bronco. I also have a 98 Z-71, my fourth one since they came out. Best 4WD pick-up truck ever made by GM. Gas mileage will be about the same or less. Keep the truck, or get an S-10/Ranger for driving to college, you can at least throw your bicycle in the back to get to class. I had a couple of Ford Couriers in my day, TX A&M Class of '85.

Bradt

Reaction score
I had a couple of Ford Couriers in my day, TX A&M Class of '85.
Got an '81 courier sitting in the driveway now. Still runs too!

Brad

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Those little mini's will get like 25-30 mpg. I just outgrew mine, hehe!!!

tjohnson

Reaction score
Broncos are great and a lot of fun, but they do like to eat gas. I say do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat