Searbelts dont lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xearo69

Reaction score
will ford fix this for free or somethin? kinda scary especially when i have my duaghter in the car.

1990 full size 5.8L

Seabronc

Reaction score
Probably not. You probably would be better off going ot a local friendly auto recycler and taking a set out of a wreck. You will need, I believe it is a T55, torx bit and a good breaker bar, (the bolts are usually in pretty tight). In the mean time I would not put her in the bad seat. If you are talking about the front shoulder straps, they don't lock up unless you are breaking.

Good luck,

:)>-

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
HA yeah my seatbelts lock, but they never stay tight against the rider...
I assume you are speaking of the front belts.

They are spring loaded and inertially activated.

If the spring is too tight/tense, the belt can be a little annoying if it is situated so that it bites into your neck. If it is too loose, you can either replace the spring, or get a clip that will hold the belt at a specific length. It is not practical to change the length for each driver, but if the rig has only one driver, that may be an option for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23