Rust Spots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheTank

Reaction score
:ph34r: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have an "ok" amount of rust on my 83' bronco. It's ok to just sand n bondo the not - so - bad - spots, and put new metal on the big rust spots right? someone help me??

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Just sand off the surface rust, to bare shiny metal if necessary. Forget the Bondo, it will only hide the rust.

Bradt

Reaction score
If the spots aren't too bad I'd use something like naval jelly to dissolve the rust first then work with it. It's the same stuff used on rust spots on many ships before they're repainted. It will leave the metal sort of black, and it won't be nice and smooth since the rust tends to pit the metal unevenly. It shouldn't damage the metal at all, and you may be able to get away without nearly as much sanding that way. Plus you can see what's left unrusted before you start sloughing off metal sanding it.

Brad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat