rust holes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgarza

Reaction score
i have been told by multiple people that using street signs to patch rust holes on the interior of the ol bronco was a good thing...i just wanted to throw it out there to see what you all think....i am probably just gonna patch them and then rhino- line the entire inside so i dont really care what it looks like...if you guys got any better cheaper suggestions hook me up

Seabronc

Reaction score
Just cut out al the rust before patching. If you don't the area will continue to enlarge. Never heard of using street signs, where do you get them? Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy some sheet metal stock?

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
J

jgarza

Reaction score
well i am in the coast guard and work with all types of people alot that are welders and throw some good ideas out...i guess you just "procure" the street signs if you know what i mean

Seabronc

Reaction score
One ex Coastie to another, the last I heard was that the 5 finger discount can get you jail time :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> , hardly worth it when compared to a couple of bucks for sheetmetal.

Good luck,

89BEAST

Reaction score
One ex Coastie to another, the last I heard was that the 5 finger discount can get you jail time  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> , hardly worth it when compared to a couple of bucks for sheetmetal. 
Good luck,

33741[/snapback]

no i am sayin the coast guard has all types of old spare stuff layin around..i am on a 60 year old army base..procurement or five finger discount is usually "just take it to get rid of it"this comin from commands but i will look into the sheet metal...what would i use fro the truck.metal type.?

sandmann999

Abandoned Bronco
Reaction score
I usually use metal I cut out of a donor truck.  I just look around a junk yard and find a good section of metal that matches the bad one.  You can also ger repair panels from the Bronco graveyard,  LMC truck, or US Abody source. http://www.broncograveyard.com  http://www.lmctruck.com http://www.usbodysource.com
Good luck,

33763[/snapback]

Speaking of patching rust holes, I found one directly under the driver's seat when I was crawling under there the other day. Is there a way to patch something like that up with sheet metal without a welder? I plan on getting a welder some day, but for now, just can't afford one.

redpony

Reaction score
Speaking of patching rust holes, I found one directly under the driver's seat when I was crawling under there the other day.  Is there a way to patch something like that up with sheet metal without a welder?  I plan on getting a welder some day, but for now, just can't afford one.
33769[/snapback]

from one marine to a sailor, i cut-out the rust, "treated"/"prepped" the metal, cut a piece of slightly larger than the hole, and used sheet metal screws and my drill to secure it in place. then, you can "touch it up" w/a little spraypaint. my repair has been great for almost 1yr.

Redpony

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23