Rubber vrse poly body mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
I just took out my two inch body lift and replaced with poly mounts and man my truck is a buzz box, It rattles and buzzes too no end at higher rpms, I made sure there was no metal to metal contact any where. Any one else have this.BBB

S_bolt19

Reaction score
You gotta remember that rubber is a lot softer compound than the poly bushings are. You are gonna pick up the vibrations and other noises that the rubber dampened. The only plus that the poly bushings have is that they wear better. They are typically more resistant to road grime & won't breakdown over as short a time as the rubber does.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hay BBB.!

Long/short., rubber is great for flex., 4x4'n., & rock'n...

Poly is good for street but, either will work for both uses.

As far as the noise you describe., .... I'd look a lil' deeper...that just doesn't "sound right" (pardon the pun.!) ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
bigbluebronc

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
Hay BBB.!

Long/short., rubber is great for flex., 4x4'n., & rock'n...

Poly is good for street but, either will work for both uses.

As far as the noise you describe., .... I'd look a lil' deeper...that just doesn't "sound right" (pardon the pun.!) ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have a feeling the motor mounts are toast, when I was doing the other work(body mounts, heads redone new cam new water pump radiator redone and lots of wiring the extended cab oh need too send pic of that) I found only 2 out of the 4 bolt holding the motor in, I put in new bolts and tightened all, the trans mounts are poly too(

I know your supposed too use all rubber or all poly on the drive train) so that is helping to transfer the vibration and the tub is two inches closer too the drive train. I have a feeling If I tryed a hard launch the motor would lift. I also just thought, I did not **** any of the bushings. and I have no head liner or carpet and no door weather strip so I quess I just have a rattle box.. Want too ride with me haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23