roll bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seabronc

Reaction score
They are certainly better than a stick in the eye and at least offers as much protection for the rear seat passengers as the front seat gets from the cab. Without a roll cage, the rear seat is definitely a death trap without the cap on, and with it on there is minimal protection for the rear passengers. The cages that are mounted on the frame offer the best protection but require holes through the floor to attach them. Not sure which type this is, body mount or frame mount.

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

89eddie89

Reaction score
yeah im goin for mainly looks so im going to try and find a cage that bolts to the frame so i dont have to go through the entire body to get to the frame... would black look best for the cage color?

maddogv21

Reaction score
Depends on what you like for color. I wouldnt particularly put a cage in a vehicle just for looks. Why not go the extra mile and make a fully functional cage? Yeah you would have to do some cutting and what not, but at least it would be safe.......

OP
OP

89eddie89

Reaction score
yeah but im saying that the places i go to wheel i dont really have to worry about flipping. hah half the time i would get caught by a tree if it did happen. but since a lot of things are chrome on my bronco. what do you think about a chrome cage??? or would you stick with black?

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
A full rollcage is alot of work, and you don't have to cut hole in the floor to mount it to the frame-use plates top and bottom to tie inot the frame. The JBG cage kit is only a 4-point rollbar with tubing for the rear cargo area. The S&W Racecars cage kit I have in the 84 Bronco is a full cab cage, and they offer a "family cage" add-on for the rear cargo area. You lose use of the rear seat with their regular 8-pt or 10-pt cage. Installing either one is going to require alot of work to fit and weld into the Bronco, and I would definitely tie into the frame in some manner. See my SFO gallery, JSM84

http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford...ry/1133/23452-4

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncobill78

Reaction score
yeah im goin for mainly looks so im going to try and find a cage that bolts to the frame so i dont have to go through the entire body to get to the frame... would black look best for the cage color?
If you're mainly wanting it for the look then I would definately go with a cage that just mounts to the floorboards & be done with it. Add large backing plates to the underside and you'll increase the rigidity quite a bit. A cage will also have the added benefir of keeping the body tub much more rigid and you'll really decrease the chances of having the body cracks form right at the back of the rain-gutters on each side, this is a well-known Bronco problem and it's a bitch to fix.

If you DO go for the *much* stronger frame mounted cage I'd probably just cut the holes & run the tubes right down to the frame. I've done this and it wasn't all that bad. As JSM said you don't HAVE to cut the holes, you can run the tubes to backing plates on top of & under the floor but to be honest that just seems like a whole bunch of added work. I just cut the holes and then used some silicone & rubber trim to go around the edges. I put small driveshaft boots on the topside bars where they went thru just to make it look good and undercoated the bottom half.

Black is a good universal color but painting it to match either the body color or the trim/upholstry colors is also pretty sharp and has the added benefit of letting people see you went the extra mile.

OP
OP

89eddie89

Reaction score
well i got a buddy who owns a shop and he said he would help me out with it so yeah...

im just trying to learn all that i can

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat