rear drive shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foul Al

Reaction score
i have a 87 bronco that i broke th e rear drive shaft on!! i cant seem to find one and was wondering what other year broncos have the same rear drive shaft? any help would be awesome!! thanks.

Yardape

Reaction score
All broncos with an 8.8 from 87 up I think, share the same style shaft but there are a few different lengths depending on what tranny you have and whatnot. For a better chance at the correct fit try between 87 and 91 with the same transmission that you have. An 86 drive should work with a minor modification if you were in a bind, they have an 8.8 but has the 9 inch style pinion yoke, where yours has what I like to call the " 5.0 mustang" style ******. I put a 1990 driveshaft in an 86 by removing the ****** at the ujoint and bolting the ujoint as normal to the yoke with the ubolts. So I am thinking the reverse should also be possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23