Rattle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buckinbronk

Reaction score
When driving at low speeds I hear a rattle from the exhaust, but when i rev it at stand still i do not hear it. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

stinger

Reaction score
check your hangers and heat shields . the best way to try and find exhaust rattle is with the motor off and get under it and hit the exhaust with your hand and bang it around til you find it. thats how they do it at midas lol

good luck finding it mine did that and it was the heat shield on the catalist converter

broncoshell

Reaction score
I would have to agree with stinger. also it could be the honey cone in the converter. you can check it also by banging on the exhaust... good luck!!! :)>-

OP
OP
B

buckinbronk

Reaction score
I dont think its a problem with the exhaust system itself, i just had it put on about a month or so ago. It really sounds like its something internal in the motor that is shaking. But i will check over the whole exhaust system just to make sure its not a hanger or something else.

Bronco_In_Ny

Reaction score
Here is a Idea check your smog pump mine was making a rattle noise at slow speeds, to see if thats what your Prop is, just listen to the intake hose of the pump at idel you should be able to hear something there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23