Rats ate my wires for fuse box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wingback806

Reaction score
Ok so I know this has nothing to do with Broncos but you guys are so helpful and smart I figured I would ask so rats chewed up a lot of wires going into my fuse box on my 2001 gmc 1500 truck and I got it fixed so now it runs good but the cluster gage is out nothing is working I checked all the fuses they look good you guys think that my cluster might have had a short and shorted it out so I have to get a new cluster gage or is there something I'm missing

image.png

Seabronc

Reaction score
Are you saying that the instruments don't work or that the lights for the panel don't work?

There is an gauge fuse in the fuse panel from what I can see by searching in Google.  Don't have a wiring diagram so that is about all the help I think I can be.

:)>-

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey Wing,

Do the lights work on the cluster?  The illumination when you turn on the headlights?  If not there is a connection to the cluster that is loose or the ground is lost.  If just the cluster gauge is out ( and could you more define that since I'm not familiar with GMCs of that year) there may have been a short however some better testing is needed before replacement. 

A check to be sure there is power present to the gauge cluster is the first check...but again I'm not sure of the inputs for specific gauges.

Do you have a wiring diagram?  that would almost be essential.

Good Luck 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke