Question On Emblems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoscare

Reaction score
OK I just finished a new paint job on my 1991 full-size bronco. I would really like to change the emblem on the two front fenders. I would like to put on there the 78-79 Ford "Bronco Custom" ones. Does anyone know if the holes align up the same as on the 1991??? Or any ideas on how to make them fit ? THANKS!! :blink:

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
i was thinkin about the same thing except replacing the xlt emblem on my 86 with the "bucking bronco" emblem. i have the same question though, any advice?

Ktomek06

Reaction score
Acetoning your emblems is a way to change them up a bit too..ill try to get some pics..

they sell those on broncograveyard.com maybe it sais it on there

BK85

Reaction score
OK I just finished a new paint job on my 1991 full-size bronco. I would really like to change the emblem on the two front fenders. I would like to put on there the 78-79 Ford "Bronco Custom" ones. Does anyone know if the holes align up the same as on the 1991??? Or any ideas on how to make them fit ? THANKS!! :blink:
The emblems on my 85 are just glued on.

Ktomek06

Reaction score
i was thinkin about the same thing except replacing the xlt emblem on my 86 with the "bucking bronco" emblem. i have the same question though, any advice?
I like those buckin bronco ones..i wonder where I could put one on my bronc

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy
Reaction score
Another one I've wanted to get were the Mustang 351 emblems on eBay, but they're like $45 shipped for a pair. I've got some Police Interceptor ones that are nice, too. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Could you not also add the other ones underneath the current ones, or would that look too jumbled? I think they're just glue ons. Check your fender on the inside. I think all you'd need to do is take out the plastic inner-fender, or at least take out a few screws and be able to feel behind it, but I'm pretty sure it's just stick-on like some door-guards are on newer vehicles. Just use some nylon fishing string, and probably some googone or paint thinner with a hair dryer and a terry cloth to get the rest of it off. There are some other ways, but this is what my brother used to get the Special Edition vinyl/sticker/pin-striping off of the Cougar.

Some other stuff I found while looking around. This is under the posts for repainting a Bronco, so this may not apply to you. If you think you'll mess up your truck, I wouldn't try it.

If any chemical is used I would lean more towards de-greeser. Laquer thinner can lead you to more problems if you are not use to using it. But both will work.
I have just started to pep my 82 truck for paint. I am having it as a daily driver so i am puttin automotive paint on it. A buddy of mine has a shop so he is doing it for me other wise, check out a NAPA or ebay for some auto paitn, should be cheap enough. I am also done taking of the strips, and man WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS!! After being on there more more than 20 yrs they dont want to come off. I tried using a razor, but if you slip, then you get down to the bare metal and it will jsut make the sanding job uneven. Best thing is used was a plastic puddy knife w/a 45* edge on it and i used a hot air gun. They cam off pretty well with that. IF you have residue lef over just use some paint thinner or adhesive remover.

Last edited by a moderator:

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"
Reaction score
Your '91 emblems are stuck on with double sided tape ( should of pulled them before the paint job). The '79 "custom" was held in with metal clips that are almost impossible to find, but have found that the plastic ***** anchors(blue) found at any hardware store work better than the clips anyway.

So, to answer your questions

1) NO the holes wont line up, because your '91 has no holes.

2) Grind the **** off the "custom" emblem, and use automotive grade double sided tape to attach it to your truck.

88pimpin, DSS has the 351, and 5.8 emblems for $20.

OP
OP
Broncoscare

Broncoscare

Reaction score
I took off my emblems before I painted. There are 4 holes per pannel. The top one is like maybe around 6 1/2 wide and the lower is like 4 in wide I suppose. But it does look like i'll have to just use the double sided method, I just really didn't want to until I found out it way my last resort.

Windchaser

Reaction score
I like those buckin bronco ones..i wonder where I could put one on my bronc
Mine is on the front of the hood.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula