**** PROBLEM SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broncokenny

Ken Emerson
Reaction score
Yes after 100.00$$$$ of dollars later,after my own work and 4th mechanic.My 1988 Bronco does not

**** when I let off gas.The guy I told everybody about (Jason @ Patrick Auto who is also a 1992 Bronco &

1967 Ford pickup owner) knew what he was talking about. He changed TPS no surprise,but he said the ****

was a missed spark from the pickup coil inside the distrbutor.Bronco runs fine now.One shop charged me 75

.00$ an hour for 3 hours to tell me it was rear end and would cost me a total of 1050.00$.If I would have let them fix it I would still have **** problem.Im not trying to give guy free advertising but he did me right,300.00 out the door .So if you live in Detroit or even Toledo area he is worth the drive.He is in Wyandotte MI. 2-4 miles east of I-75.Thanx for everybodys help,I leave for AZ friday morn (flying).

Bronco is for sale in classifieds,but probably keeping it after all this $$$.Dont know how Im going to pass

emissions in Phoenix area with out catylitic converter!!Im OUT.... :)>- <)

08_22_06_0715.jpg

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
"**** PROBLEM SOLVED" So you stopped driving??? Just kidding, thats great it was a cheap and easy fix.

Last edited by a moderator:

wtfdissux

Reaction score
under statement about tthe results that drives me nuts we work through the problem and get not final answer its like seeing part one two and three of a series and never the final just sux but glad to hear you got it and without blowing the bank

and as for a cat try pricing them where you are now if it is not required in your area they are ussualy cheeper (supply VS. demand) cuz trust me you will have a lot more places to play with your truck in AZ

steechfinger

Reaction score
oh my go just so you know go buy a new distributer cuz that pickup coil is a bitch to get out and for 60 bucks more why not or just go and buy a msd dist. **** it.to change the coil you have to take the whole dist. apart and it sucks you need to punch out the gear and the other thing there what ever it is and pull the shaft out of the housing and theres the pickup coil and then put it back together and punch the gear back on and i have alot of tools but who has a dist. gear punch if it even exists anyways good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lana Kane