Power Steering Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83BRONCRAWLER

Reaction score
Are there any power steering pumps that are more heavy duty and will fit on my 300 six?

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
Why would you need one. what is the application? EFI or Carboureator. serpentine belt or multiple v belts. the stock one should be fine for most things especially with the 300.

OP
OP

83BRONCRAWLER

Reaction score
I'm building a rock crawler out of my 83' Bronco and the power steering pump just doesn't cut it for my needs. It's carburated and has multiple v-belts. The rocks overpower my pump and burnt it up

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
Well you could go for a serpintene conversion kit or mount up a second puley. this should stop the slippage and then the pump would do better. If you can afford it, buy a FI 351. it should have a serpintine belt, do better on extreme angles and have more torque. im shure that there are conversion kits for larger power steering pumps out of superdutys and things like that though but you will just have to look around. go here for a souped up reman pump.

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"
Reaction score
I have a complete 351 ** sitting in shed, all pulleys and accessories intact if you want to convert to serpentine, I think it has the saganaw pump(will check and get back to you) which is a stronger pump. All I want is the long block for "just in case". Also no A/C compressor . It has the eliminator bracket w/pully .

jermil01

Reaction score
The saginaw pump swap has been a pretty popular mod, if you go to www.fullsizebronco.com and run a search you will come up with a lot of information on the subject. Stock c2 pumps that came with are rigs are woefully inadequate due to their low flow rate. If you need more info let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23