Power Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Am I able to put 92-96 style mirrors on my 89?

I'd really just need the wire harness, power mirror joystick, and the mirrors..right? Would it be easier to bolt on a door from a 96 Bronco, or remove my current mirrors, an drill new holes..

Also, auto dimming mirror. Broncos ever have these? If not, I'll probably just snag one out of a new expedition (wrecked). Think they only need a 12v power source...

wileec

Reaction score
The poweer mirrors are hard to come by in the yards although they are available online. Once you had the harness and the controler I think you would be good to go. You would just be in the make it happen phase.

As for the dimming mirror the Eddie Bauer's had them at least in 96 and maybe in 95, not sure about earlier.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

as our friend here Wileec wrote...

also, some Links

Installation, late model in an 83

Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/registry/2742/12641

Installation, late model in an 86

Source: by Ryan M (Fireguy50) at http://www.fordfuelinjection.com/bronco/mirrors.html

and consider the Outside Flag-Mount w/LED Turn Signals

see my site for a few install Links.. mostly for later years, but once you do what Steve and Ryan did for the reg PM, you can go to the LED signalling type for a bigger cost.

http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=935

==========

for da Rear View (Electrochromatic) & Vanity Mirrors;

see my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=699

Believe that 94-96 Broncos, F Series and many passenger cars have em; such as:

2004-2007 F-250 Super Duty

2004-2007 F-350 Super Duty

2004-2008 F-150

F-250

F-250 HD

F-350

Lightning

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Great info guys!!

I plan on doing this mod soon (outside mirrors) as soon as I can get all the parts. I may go power mirrors..or may go manual newer style. What really bugs me is in parking lots, when people brush by my truck, they somehow hit the mirror and adjust it in/out. Very annoying. Takes a lot to move the mirror itself on the bracket..but the bracket to the truck has a little more play than I care for.

No idea Ford had signal mirrors though lol. One thing I thoguht about doing that may be easier/cheaper than trying to find signal mirrors is pop out the mirror glass itself,apply some silver lining(reflective) and install some super bright LED bulbs or small neon tubes in red. Wire these into my turn signals so the gap between the mirror and plastic housing, red glow comes out.

I found regular mirrors on bronograveyard for $36 a peice for manual blacks, $40 for manual chromes, $69 for both manual chrome or black power.

If I go for just manual mirrors, that's under $100 shipped and quick install for the most part. wouldn't have to adjust the mirrors that often Id on't think.

Last edited by a moderator:

1FMEU

Reaction score
Hi-

Tried replacing my signal mirrors (both kind of messed up) with non-sigal mirrors but after taking off the door panel, saw that the plug is different. The plug in the door is bigger and has more wires. So, the way I see it, I have a few choices but nove are very good...

1. start cutting and splicing wires

2. find an adaptor plug ??

3. leave my messed up (but partyly functioning) mirrors as-is.

4. try to find signal mirrors somewhere - yeah good luck on that

5. go with manual ones

any thoughts??

Thanks so much - from chilly NY

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948