Pipe doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtg

Reaction score
Hi every one, I'm new around here.

In my introduction page, (miesk5) asked if I could post my pipe door built so here it is. if any one is interested in this project, feel free to ask any questions.

The pipe doors are supper easy to do and where cheap to build because most of the work is all ready done when you start.

There Nissan path finder tire racks. I just cut them down to fit and welded an angle on to mount stock hinges. I got one rack for free and the other one for $16. The hinges were about $25 at the junk yard.

I cut the pin in the door hinges and used a dremel to make the bushings except a 3/8 bolt so I could switch from pipe doors to stock doors easily. The little Chevy Blazer and the Toyota 4Runner have tire racks that look like they would work too.

I used the upper curved part of a hard top to make lips on the bottom part of the door opening to keep stuff from slipping out.

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119566

gtf_220.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzboat_021.jpg

OP
OP
jtg

jtg

Reaction score
whats up with the second fuel door? two tanks?

It's not a second fuel tank, but that would be nice if it was.

I raised the fuel tank up, so now it's mounted on top of the the frame. I had to move the filler neck up too because the tank sits about 9 1/2 inches above the floor in the bed. I used a recessed gas cap housing from an old truck with an uttility bed. I have an air fitting for the on board air stystem (still under construction) behind the door were the old gas cap was.

I used this build thread and simplified it a little.

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread...ight=tank+raise

You have to read the hole thing because he is figuring it out as he goes.

gtf-014.jpg

gtf-016.jpg

picture-009.jpg

picture-018.jpg

picture-015.jpg

gtf-186.jpg

gtf-185.jpg

2668033r10145a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online