antilock light ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firstford

Reaction score
1990 bronco my antilock light was coming on at first when the truck would like drag to crank as if the starter was dragging. I solved the cranking problem the light come on and stays on every time i crank it up now whats the problem if anyone knows?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow_D

Reaction score
typically that light comes on when you first start the vehicle then turns off. It's just a test of sorts.

Are you saying it does not shut off at all now? If so then the module on the rear axle could be on it's way out. Most problems with the rear ABS are caused by that little black box.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
OP
F

firstford

Reaction score
thanks and is that the black box on the top center of the axle

KansasBronco

Reaction score
my 87 anti lock light is on, we bled the brakes, replaced the sensor and everything. they work fine so i put black electrical tape over the light.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
I don't like the rear abs, I would rather have 4 wheel abs if anything. If I'm on the brakes hard or towing a trailer I have a tendency to lock the fronts when I'm trying to stop with a heavy load so I have no steering :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Wish I had anti lock

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
My wireing diagram for the '87-89 broncos shows the anitlock brakes circuit.

It doesn't state if it was a standard feature or if it was an option, but knowing that it was available, it would be possible for you to add it if you really want it.

joe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK