One more 460 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Ok, one more question I'm hoping someone can help out with.

I'm going to swing over in the next couple days and pickup my 460 from the scrapyard. While this will be my 3rd 460 swap it's the first time I *haven't* used a Lincoln engine. The one I'm picking up is coming out of an old FedEx E350. The bonus deal is that I'm getting the Saginaw PS pump with the engine but the yard wants to keep the alternator (or charge me for it but since I have a good one on my 400 why bother ?). I know that the 351M/400 alternator brackets aren't a bolt-on for the Lincoln 460. Both times I did this I wound up shelling out for the L&L alt bracket to makes the belts work. Can anyone tell me if the 351M/400 alt bracket will bolt up to the Ford 460 and *work* or am I best off pressing them for the alt bracket even if the keep the alternator itself. My situation has changed up a bit and rather than being able to let this thing sit in the side yard until I have everything together it looks like I'll have to drop the 460 in there to get it running while I collect all the parts to rebuilt it & then pull it out again when it's time to actually rebuild it. My gut tells me I'll need the bracket since the block & heads should be the same even though Ford/Lincoln used different bracketry. Any help will be appreciated.

rednck7736

rednck7736
Reaction score
I did not reuse the ones off my old 351m.But let them keep the alternator and you keep teh bracket and reuse your alternator.That sucks that you are going to have to pull it back out later to rebuild it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23