oil pan and sump pick-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foul Al

Reaction score
hey folks, I have a few new questions sbout my 460 swap. first the motor is from a 76' f-350 2wd. the pan is a front sump pan. i need a rear sump pan for the front axle clearance. i have purchased a pan from Auto zone and a sump pick-up but the pick-up is way too long and doesnt work. the second option for that pan is also too long!!!! dammit... Ig anyone who has done this swap into thier bronco could tell me what oil pan and sump pick-up they used i would be eternally gratefull!! Or if you had to change out the oil pump as well... hope not. If there is a particular year make model of an early ford that i could use, that info. would be awesome!! thanks for looking... pics soon to come.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
Well you probably already know this but JBG sells that kit for this.If you have a lift on the bronco the regular lincoln oil pan/front sump pan would work,,,BUT<<For a truck you HAVE TO get a rear sump pan,for the reason being is that a truck going up hill on a good incline needs the oil to be at the pick up,Which would be at the rear of the oil pan at that point.Im trying to pick my brain but I cant seem to remember what ford CAR had the rear pan and sump stock.Id like to say a mustang or other hi performance car but I cant seem to remember right now,,,thats why I said Bronco graveyard,And also dont forget you need the conversion engine mounts from them also to bolt this in. Regular stock 460 mounts wont work in a bronco frame.If I can remember what car Ill let you know.Im sure somebody else on here also knows..Im planning to do the same to mine later...Good Luck :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
F

Foul Al

Reaction score
Well you probably already know this but JBG sells that kit for this.If you have a lift on the bronco the regular lincoln oil pan/front sump pan would work,,,BUT<<For a truck you HAVE TO get a rear sump pan,for the reason being is that a truck going up hill on a good incline needs the oil to be at the pick up,Which would be at the rear of the oil pan at that point.Im trying to pick my brain but I cant seem to remember what ford CAR had the rear pan and sump stock.Id like to say a mustang or other hi performance car but I cant seem to remember right now,,,thats why I said Bronco graveyard,And also dont forget you need the conversion engine mounts from them also to bolt this in. Regular stock 460 mounts wont work in a bronco frame.If I can remember what car Ill let you know.Im sure somebody else on here also knows..Im planning to do the same to mine later...Good Luck :lol:
i already have the l&l motor mounts. i just cant seem to find the right pan and pick-up. thanks for the lead.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
What are you planning to do for the exhaust?run stock,headers?I hear from a couple people that the fender well headers work well.They keep the headers away from the oil pan and the starter ,,,keeping the oil temp down little and keeping the heat off your starter.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
My 88 460 from an F-350 truck has the rear sump pan. Check with JEG's or Summit for the parts, or take a look over at 460ford.com

The L&L chassis headers are the only ones I've found that fit the Bronco.

OP
OP
F

Foul Al

Reaction score
My 88 460 from an F-350 truck has the rear sump pan. Check with JEG's or Summit for the parts, or take a look over at 460ford.com
The L&L chassis headers are the only ones I've found that fit the Bronco.
same here jsm. i did some looking and thats the only co. i could find with any headers let alone options for chassis headers. thanks for your help.

ciclone429

Reaction score
I used the ford 460 swap for the mustang that was the cheepest and it came with the stud and pickup and gasket. L&L mounts and fenderwell headers are great!

Looking ther get there ladder bars

Yardape

Reaction score
I used an 85 460 from a 85 f350 2wd dually and the pan is exactly the same as my 89 f250 460 I was going to use

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23