OBD fuse, 95 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dameon

Reaction score
I have a 95 Bronco. The check engine light came on but the scanner can't read the code. I was told it could be the fuse but I can't seem to locate the fuse. The cigarette lighter works cause I plug my cell charger into it.

I'd also like to mention that I recently had the transmission worked on. I read somewhere it could be the transmission control switch wiring causing a fuse to blow

Any suggestions on what is causing the issue?

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Dameon,

Welcome!

Here ya go!

Code reader or self test stops, try this "Scan Tool Won't Initiate Self-Test Due to Poor Grounds", Corroded Wiring, etc.; read more on how to Ground the STI & Proceed w/ Test;Source:poor-ground.jpg by jermil01If still no codes, see No Codes by Ryan M @https://web.archive.org/web/20161015...om/page44.htmlDwell on items that can be easily tested such as battery voltage, etc.

FYI;

When the ignition switch is ON, it turns the EEC power relay ON.

The EEC power relay provides power to the powertrain control module (PCM) .

Check the relay, as long as horn can honk,  swap horn relay in place of EEC power relay.

EEC IV Power Relay is served by **** Fuse I (eye) in under hood power distribution box (PDB) .

AND **** Fuse U serves Ignition Sys, PCM Power Relay Coil.

PDB Diagram in a 95

/monthly_11_2010/post-889-12890085150583.jpg by Seabronc (Rosie, Fred W)

Transmission Control Indicator Light (TCIL) Troubleshooting in 92-96; "...because wiring may be misrouted causing a short in the steering column and a blown #17 fuse in TSB 92-22-5 for 92 Bronco & all Light Trucks.

Had almost the  same situation in my 96 a few yrs ago;Fuse #17 blew due to a harness short under steering column that affected the OD Cancel Light (it blinked randomly, no Trouble Codes or tranny malfunctions though); Here is a TSB that deals with it; for a 92 though.. and may apply... even tho year range is off... and your OD sw is in dash and 96's are on end of tranny stalk....but... itsa pure guess on my part..and it's an ez no $ check anyhowz1992 Ford Truck F 150 4WD Pickup V8-351 5.8LVehicle Level Transmission and Drivetrain Technical Service Bulletins Customer Interest Electrical Systems - Multiple MalfunctionsElectrical Systems - Multiple MalfunctionsArticle No. 92-22-5 10/21/92LIGHT TRUCK: 1992 BRONCO, F SUPER DUTY, F-150-350 SERIESISSUE:The transmission control switch wiring may be misrouted causing a short in the steering column and a blown # 17 fuse. The following symptoms may be associated with this concern.Early shifts
Loss of power
Poor acceleration
3-4 shift cyclingTransmission control light cycling ON/OFF or inoperativeTransmission control switch inoperativeRear Anti-Lock Brake System (RABS) electronics (dash lights on, etc.) inoperativeLoss of instrumentation (tach, fuel gauge, etc.)Unable to read Self-Test codes (solid tone only)ACTION:Inspect the transmission control switch wiring for damage and repair or replace as necessary. Refer to the following procedure for service details.1. Remove the steering column cover. Refer to the 1992 Bronco/F-Series Service Manual, Section 11-04B, for the removal procedure.2. Examine the transmission control switch wiring for damage, Figure 1. (I don't have this Figure)3. Repair or replace the wiring as necessary.4. Install the steering column cover. Refer to the 1992 Bronco/F-Series Service Manual, Section 11-04B, for the installation procedure.CAUTION:DURING REASSEMBLY, ROUTE WIRING AWAY FROM ATTACHING ***** SO AS NOT TO PINCH OR DAMAGE WIRE.OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES: NONEWARRANTY STATUS:Eligible Under Bumper To Bumper Warranty CoverageOPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME922205A Repair Wiring 0.6 Hrs.DEALER CODINGBASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE15A808 X1

Was speed control, if equipped recall work completed by dealership? Call local dealer or register and view status @ https://owner.ford.com; or @ https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/ ... have VIN ready."Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."See this guide by jowens1126 to confirm recall status @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...ml#post6530073Note that the 93 recall is different than 94-96.Here is the 1995 Bronco Dealer Brochure

GL!

Al

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke