nut on crank shaft pulley wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Country

Reaction score
hey guys, i am trying to get my timing cover off and in order to do that i have to get the pulley and harmonic balancer off first. i can''t get the pulley to stop spinning so i can get the nut off. any suggestions? 83 302

Yardape

Reaction score
its a reverse thread. Stick something through the balancer to bind against the oil pan lip or whatever you find that wont get damaged.

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Its not left hand thread on a V8 its a 15/16 bolt head just hit it with an impact and it will come right off . You could also take a plug out and put a piece of rope in there to stop the piston from coming all the way to the top this will also let you get it off but easiest is the old ingersol . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yardape

Reaction score
My appologies, when I was out in the shop today I had second guessed myself and decided to check about the reverse thread comment I had made, It is not and I see that Blade beat me to it. Sorry for the bad info, thats what I get for trusting memory :mellow:

OP
OP
Big Country

Big Country

Reaction score
now i am confused guys. are you saying the bolt doesn ***** in? I had to loosen a BIG bolt and i had to crack going counter clockwise... *** is going on!!! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
Big Country

Big Country

Reaction score
ok, i thought that someone put a different engine in there without telling me. it's been a stressful last couple of weeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph