Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco grease

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently acquired my dads 1974 Bronco. It's a real piece of work to say the least; nonetheless, I am currently pulling out this old 302 and replacing it with a freshly rebuilt 351w. I have lots of question and am hoping to learn all I can about the subject.

Glad to be here.

1974 Bronco 001.JPG

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . It should be a pretty easy swap as far as the engine goes, same mounts and tranny bolt pattern. There may be some fitment problems, but I'll leave that up to someone who knows more about EBs.

Good luck,

peace.gif

Bronc76

Reaction score
The 351 has about a one inch taller deck height and the air cleaner may hit the hood so a body lift maybe required. I think you can use the stock water pump off the 302 so you can keep the hoses in stock locations. How are you planning on running the exhaust?

OP
OP
B

Bronco grease

Reaction score
My plan is to use the long tube headers from the old 302. Thats my hope anyway. If I sent you a pic, could you tell me if they will fit?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23