New guy with werd Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jtg

Reaction score
Hi every one. My name is Jackson.

This is my first post on this site and I thought I would throw up some pics of my Bronco. I'm still building it and I have a long way to go.

SUNP0009.JPG

gtf_006.jpg

DSCN4479.JPG

zzzzzzzzzboat_008.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzboat_026.jpg

SUNP0001.JPG

zzzzzztopzzz_001.jpg

gtf_004.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzboat_009.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzboat_012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
jtg

jtg

Reaction score
welcome to the zone
some interesting modifications you've done to your truck

the half top is cool

Thanks Miss Kitten,

I really like the 1/2 tops. I have two of them. one is a little shorter with out any windows and the larger one has glass all the way around with one inch steal reinforcement threw the hollow points in the top. Mounting the fuel tank on top of the frame was a fun project too. I've all so put in a glove box under the back seat, put in a C B radio were the ash tray used to be, added some switches to the dash and a bunch of other little things like that.

zzzzzzzboat_038.jpg

gtf_014.jpg

gtf_186.jpg

5920719_R1_050_23A.jpg

Picture_009.jpg

Picture_018.jpg

5920719_R1_050_23A.jpg

gtf_046.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz_014.jpg

DSCN4470.JPG

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
i really like what you did with the fuel tank. i've been figuring out how to get mine up and out of the way

OP
OP
jtg

jtg

Reaction score
i really like what you did with the fuel tank. i've been figuring out how to get mine up and out of the way

The tank raise was a petty easy mod. About a 6 to 8 hour job by my self and about a $100. The hardest part was getting the bolts off of the skid plate.

I used this build thread and simplified it a little.

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread...ight=tank+raise

You have to read the hole thing because he is figuring it out as he goes.

I'll put to gather some stuff on my build for you.

OP
OP
jtg

jtg

Reaction score
looks like you've got an onboard air system, how'd you work that out? i'm in the process of working one into my truck.

The on board air project has been an ever changing thing for me. I plumbed it all in and than changed my mind from a expensive DC system to a york and now I think I'm going to go this way and maybe switch to a york later.

On Board Air With a Stock Ford AC unit.

http://www.wt4x4.net/tech/onboardair.htm

and

http://www.uc4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1291

I'm probably going to start this in the next week or so and I'll keep you posted.

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
nice.... i might try that on the 86. its nicer than the 84 lol. in the 84 i threw my shop compressor (a 17 gallon husky) right in between the front seats haha. i even have cup holders built into it. not sure if i'm going to run an extention cord to it or get a power inverter for the cigg lighter. its got 100 feet of hose so i can reach both trucks. we usually run both trucks at the same time. I've got an old rigid compressor with the dual tanks i'd like to take it apart and mount the dual tanks under the truck right in front of the gas tank in that pocket.

OP
OP
jtg

jtg

Reaction score
Welcome Jackson!I hope you post your "door" project here soon!

The pipe doors are supper easy to do and where cheap to build because most of the work is all ready done when you start.

There Nissan path finder tire racks. I just cut them down to fit and welded an angle on to mount stock hinges. I got one rack for free and the other one for $16. The hinges were about $25 at the junk yard.

I cut the pin in the door hinges and used a dremel to make the bushings except a 3/8 bolt so I could switch from pipe doors to stock doors easily. The little Chevy Blazer and the Toyota 4Runner have tire racks that look like they would work too.

I used the upper curved part of a hard top to make lips on the bottom part of the door opening to keep stuff from slipping out.

http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119566

zzzzzzzzzzzboat_008.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzboat_016.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzboat_023.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzboat_006.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzboat_015.jpg

gtf_044.jpg

Preach

Reaction score
Like what you have done. Did you buid the front bumper. I have been looking for a custom front bumper idea. What can you share thanks.

SirAltitude

Reaction score
Man, I dig the customizing. I've not ever seen the half tops like that. I have to say, that's got a badass look to it.

I also like your "cooler" rack. I've done some modification to a similar rack to put above my spare, I just have'nt done the finish work to install it to the brackets yet.

OP
OP
jtg

jtg

Reaction score
Like what you have done. Did you buid the front bumper. I have been looking for a custom front bumper idea. What can you share thanks.

The front bumper is a custom bumper but I didn't build it. It cam off a F350 that some guy was selling. He kept the winch and taught it would sell better with a stock bumper on it. I grabbed a stock bumper on 1/2 off day at the junk yard for $26 and traded with him. Petty good score. :D

Now I just have to come up with a winch.

zzzzzzzzzzzboat_025.jpg

OP
OP
jtg

jtg

Reaction score
Man, I dig the customizing. I've not ever seen the half tops like that. I have to say, that's got a badass look to it.
I also like your "cooler" rack. I've done some modification to a similar rack to put above my spare, I just have'nt done the finish work to install it to the brackets yet.

I've had the gas can and cooler rack on for about 2 years now and I like it but I don't think that it's strong enough, Because it is built on the stock tire rack and it's just too much wight to hang off the side of the bed. When I open up the rack it pulls the side of the bed over about a 1/2 inch. I'm just starting a new rear bumped and rack this week end.

gtf_006.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23