New from Colorado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelin '78

Reaction score
Hey everyone...new guy here from Colorado. This is my first Full Size Bronco, used to have a small Eddie Bower and did not like it's serious lack of power. I graduated from it to the '78 Bronco Ranger XLT with 400 bored .040, Isky 262/268 Cam, Forged Flat Top Pistons, Roller Rockers, 4" lift and currently running 33's with 4.56 gears and Detroit Locker in rear. Bought this one as its more family friendly than the pick-up of the same year that my dad had when I was growing up. You can check out the gallery I have on Supermotors and see pics, and some upgrades and repairs that have been made...and still going. 

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo 78,

Welcome!

We had a 78 Ranger, sold it after we bought the 96 new.. too many vehicles to maintain..it was a good ride.

OP
OP
W

wheelin '78

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone !  Nice truck!

:)>-
Thank you, it still has a list of things that it "needs" but for the most part I think I have just about got it all taken care of...the critical parts anyway. The PO did exactly NOTHING to it other than have the engine and C6 trans rebuilt just a touch over 20,000 miles before I bought it. It's taken its fair share of my savings to do but worth every penny :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
W

wheelin '78

Reaction score
Yo 78,

Welcome!

We had a 78 Ranger, sold it after we bought the 96 new.. too many vehicles to maintain..it was a good ride.
The truck I referenced in my original post that belonged to my dad was actually a '79 F150, but looked just like this Bronco (less the top of course). He had the 351M in his truck and it was a battle ready beast at any time lol...I loved that truck and never once seen it stuck (or close) in almost 12 years or so of hunting and camping trips out here in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado and pulled several others out of the ditch, mud or whatever it may be they were stuck in lol. Of course he was OCD when it came to maintenance and all that and it rubbed off on me growing up helping him work on it. Its rather unfortunate that the PO let so many things go on it...seems his focus was on getting the engine and all that "running gear" good and tough but said ***** the rest...lol

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

I hear you on the maint., my dad and grandfather were farmers and always said, buy it once and change oil, etc. And it will last forever...

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK