Need a Picture of the Bpillar/sill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shift1313

Reaction score
Hey guys. i was hoping someone could come up with some good pictures of the areas listed below.

Bpillar/sill area

Corner behind drivers seatbelt(the corner that rusts out:))

Both the trucks im working with are destroyed there and i just wanted to get an idea of what it looks like stock. Im going to do it custom so there isnt a low spot there but id like to see for reference.

thanks

Seabronc

Reaction score
If you don't have one by tomorrow, I'll take a picture of mine. I have the covers off that area right now.

Good luck,

:)>-

Seabronc

Reaction score
It must be something about the color Blue :lol: I had the same issue when I first got my Bronco several years ago. Someone had reconstructed the post out of Bondo . Take a look at these pictures to encourage you. They are of my truck, just a few that I took when dioing my first pass at restoring it.

Good luck,

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/212/16534

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
wow so far it looks like i've got the worst rust on the drivers side floor board. i've got a hole the size of a basket ball where your feet would normally be that spreads down into the sill which is completely free floating in on the back side (right side of door) those pics do give me hope though!

Seabronc

Reaction score
You can get new floorboard material and some of the other metal from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard or LMC Truck. They require a little trimming to get them to fit properly though.

OP
OP
S

shift1313

Reaction score
thanks for the pics seabronc. Is that interior the stock stuff(your trim in the back area?) my bronco had rubber flooring, no trim on the bottom of the door and cardboard covering the back area. your stuff looks just like the stuff i pulled out of the 89 and i just thought it was interesting.

jsomedaysoon, this was the 89 and the pic is actually deceptive. the blue rubber matting is actually all thats holding the floor board there.

89broncofloor4.jpg

Right now im not sure the direction im going to take this truck still. I really kind of let it work itself out:) Right now im thinking about a roll bar with a harness bar behind the driver/passenger. im certainly not throwing any carpet/flooring in. Also all of my exterior body panels are going to be fiberglass(at this point). Im going to make skins for the rear that go one with 1/4 turn fasteners, not sure about the front yet, those may be all steel. only time will tell though

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
You can get new floorboard material and some of the other metal from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard or LMC Truck. They require a little trimming to get them to fit properly though.
i should have gotten mine from there. instead i cheaped out and got a replacement floor pan from ebay and they ended up sending the wrong side. they said it would work for either side but i dont see how. its molded metal! i saw a really good episode of trucks on spike where they replaced the floor of a bronco and its really got me motivated! oh yea and mine is blue also.... i wonder if there's something to that

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
P1010235.JPG

P1010234.JPG

P1010231.JPG

Matt,

Here are some, I took a couple from the inside, and one from the outside.

Sorry for the poor quality, my flash was too bright for a close up , and I didn't have enough light to do it without a flash.

Would a mold be difficult to make?

Last edited by a moderator:

Seabronc

Reaction score
thanks for the pics seabronc. Is that interior the stock stuff(your trim in the back area?) my bronco had rubber flooring, no trim on the bottom of the door and cardboard covering the back area. your stuff looks just like the stuff i pulled out of the 89 and i just thought it was interesting.

Mine originally had the same stuff. I don't remember what year truck I pulled the interior trim out of other than it wasn't newer than 86. The interior trim package was an option as far as I know.

OP
OP
S

shift1313

Reaction score
View attachment 7808View attachment 7807

View attachment 7806

Matt,

Here are some, I took a couple from the inside, and one from the outside.

Sorry for the poor quality, my flash was too bright for a close up , and I didn't have enough light to do it without a flash.

Would a mold be difficult to make?

thanks joe(and justshootme ill have to check out your album tonight).

it wouldnt be hard to recreate this area, i just wanted to see what it was supposed to look like so i didnt recreate it:) Its a low spot and when these trucks get wet inside it just sits there and soaks into the sound deadening.

I will probably buy the sills from JBG, even though my sills are okay, for $38 you get the sill and front/rear pillars, and since my trim seam is gone that wouldnt be bad. This is the only part im worried about being stock because of the door gasket, the rest, still dont know:)

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
You're welcome Matt. I'm glad that replacement parts are still available and at such a reasonable cost.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
You can also use the pick-up cab parts if you need to replace the braces or supports under the floor, JSM84

Seabronc

Reaction score
You can also use the pick-up cab parts if you need to replace the braces or supports under the floor, JSM84
Yah, I have cut a lot of metal out of F150s at the recycler. I use a cordless 18 Volt DeWalt reciprocating saw with long blades (18 tooth) and cut from front to back taking as much floor board with it as possible including the rockers. The last time I took the lower half of both A and B post and the back cab corner. Once you get it back home you can cut welds, (using a weld cutter), and disassemble the pieces and cut what I need to fit for replacing stuff on the Bronco. You are more likely to find good sections in a F series cab than from another Bronco.

You can solve the B pillar rot problem by trashing the Ford rear wheel splash guards and make your own. I used the mudflaps from an 18 wheeler to make mine, (a little stiff, but it was all I could find for the job at the time). The stock Ford guards have an open slot that lets the mud, moisture, etc. get thrown right up into the pillar which is why Broncos rot out there. I have a pattern for the ones I built if anyone is interested, I'd be glad to make copies.

Good luck,

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

shift1313

Reaction score
ill think about that bronc but at the moment im planning on a lot of fiberglass so rusting shouldnt be a problem. I just need to make sure everything is stiff first.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph