My baby str8 from the shower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noahsdad86

Reaction score
Here she is straight after a shower, I did the paint myself if you could not tell. Not too bad and real cheap, now I wont cry if I scratch it when I am off road. And you have to admit this truck turns heads. IF not cuz of the paint then the noise is enough too

DSCI0005.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
noahsdad86

noahsdad86

Reaction score
Just a rattle can paint job and some blue tape for the lines. I still need to clean up the molding around the windshield though. And the tabs were a crued idea to have some tie down points for camping gear. The holes were pre existing from a roof rack that someone had at some point in time. But it did not work well cuz the roof is real weak in the middle

craiganblank1

Reaction score
What kind of paint did you use? Looks totally awesome. It's close to what i'm planning for mine. Garnet and black. Again, very awesome.

MDDYATV

Reaction score
ya and how much paint did it take I am looking at the same thing for budget reasons would like to know about how many cans of paint you used.

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
I like it but am afraid I would miss all the shiney stuff. that looks real nice for rattle can paint job, I couldnt even see any "streaking" nice work!

OP
OP
noahsdad86

noahsdad86

Reaction score
The paint was krylon rust tough, I dont know what the actual difference is in the paint but it works great I ran out and bought regular krylon and almost ruined it, then went and found more rust tough. Great stuff. About 5 cans of black did the truck the top and the rims. The red did not come out great cuz i did not primer it first, I was being lazy, but if I had primered and done stuff right it would be even better. Whole thing cost around sixty bucks give or take every trip to autozone I always bought more stuff that I did not really need.

Burns

Reaction score
Nice paintjob. That's exactly the scheme I wanted myself, but I've never seen it before. At least now I know it'll look badass. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

2NDTOUR89

Reaction score
I spent more time and money paining my F150 with a real gun and paint and I think yours still looks better than mine did. Great job especially with rattle cans.

OP
OP
noahsdad86

noahsdad86

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys, it means alot coming from other gearheads. My only regret was not taking the time to properly fill any dents, and primer the hood and stuff. But for less than a day less that 60 bucks and in a carport, it turned out good. At least it looks nice when it is muddy.

Burns

Reaction score
Did your cap come black or did yuo rattle can that too? Mine's the off-white and I want a black one, but I want to keep this one for sentimental reasons. Everyone that's been in my truck has signed the inside of the cap in sharpie. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

PolarrrBearrr

Reaction score
Is the paint you used on the rims Krylon Rust Tough too? Have you had any issues where the paint's chipping or peeling of the rims?

Just curious because I have a black Bronco with silver rims and I really want black, but don't want to buy a whole new set...