My 78

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Looking good Mike. Are you gonna put auxilaryy light behind the grill or on the bumper? Thanks for the payment Mike. I got it today. Hope everything works good for you.
Already have auxiliary switch panel installed. Put it where the radio was to go. Will post a picture in a bit. Right now only one light is connected to it the dome light, and will add additional lighting to the rear of the Bronco too, and a bright set of backup/work lights

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Already have auxiliary switch panel installed. Put it where the radio was to go. Will post a picture in a bit. Right now only one light is connected to it the dome light, and will add additional lighting to the rear of the Bronco too, and a bright set of backup/work lights
I was gonna hook my back up lights to a toggle switch and my friend kept telling me it won,t pass inspection (I had a answer for him ) and to keep him calm started running down the problem with the OEM. DAMN NEW SWITCH IS BAD. I should throw it at my friend--when he comes up. He,s a church goer and I,m not. We had that discussion before. The funny part when we go to the junk yard--he gets all the ticks on him and I don,t get any. I told him he was a TICK MAGNET and I am a CHICK MAGNET-HAHA- Still might have to use a switch like you. If I can find a USED OR ORIGINAL SENDING UNIT--as I have everything taken apart.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Looking good Mike. Are you gonna put auxilaryy light behind the grill or on the bumper? Thanks for the payment Mike. I got it today. Hope everything works good for you

I was gonna hook my back up lights to a toggle switch and my friend kept telling me it won,t pass inspection (I had a answer for him ) and to keep him calm started running down the problem with the OEM. DAMN NEW SWITCH IS BAD. I should throw it at my friend--when he comes up. He,s a church goer and I,m not. We had that discussion before. The funny part when we go to the junk yard--he gets all the ticks on him and I don,t get any. I told him he was a TICK MAGNET and I am a CHICK MAGNET-HAHA- Still might have to use a switch like you. If I can find a USED OR ORIGINAL SENDING UNIT--as I have everything taken apart.
I,ll call Green Auto parts in Ohio at 1-800-543-4959

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I,ll call Green Auto parts in Ohio at 1-800-543-4959
I just called Green Auto Parts and spoke to Bret. He has my part --about $15.24 plus shipping---$8 or $9 . . Its on it ,s way to me. The phone only rang 1 (one) time. Fast --courteous service too

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Mike, I just called Green Autp Parts in Ohio about my back up light switch and they have it. It cost $15.24 plus $8 or $9 dollars shipping and its on its way. Talked to Bret and it was fast courteous service. Check them out.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Oh yes have a bar light and some others all LED. Got the brackets all welded on to the bumper even added an additional bracket. Then got it primed and one coat of bedliner on the back and bottom. Will add the brush guard latter trying to at least get it ready to go hunting. Got to take them grandsons.

all of the light switches for this truck are on the dash. Will get some pictures later

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Oh yes have a bar light and some others all LED. Got the brackets all welded on to the bumper even added an additional bracket. Then got it primed and one coat of bedliner on the back and bottom. Will add the brush guard latter trying to at least get it ready to go hunting. Got to take them grandsons.

all of the light switches for this truck are on the dash. Will get some pictures later
Mike, could you show us some pictures? I found something this morning alot better then the cheap plastic switch holders people put under their dash. Get these curtain rod holders you get a Lowes,Walmart,Home depot. They are metal and some just nees a little filing to let these switches fit .

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Here are the pictures as promised of the light switch panel, the engineer had butchered the dash stuffing a radio in it, so I put a light switch panel. These are marine rated so hopefully they will be water resistant

A291B389-D57D-4F2E-8970-63D6121571AB.jpeg

AB0691E2-5604-4A0E-AFFF-6B368EB4EB71.jpeg

Last edited:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Don’t know why the pictures turned sideways
I been thinking about putting a cut -out on one of my trucks. That way when I drive through the national forest. I,ll hopefulyl scare away any animals near the road or maybe have a laugh.When I pull up beside someone and open it.haha

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
B1052B72-5054-4295-8D11-C4E19F71810F.jpegHave the brackets welded and the bumper painted with bedliner, went a head and mounted it to the Bronco. Still have more modifications to come, this will do for now. Ok put the grill back in for now

AC81BA5F-A05B-40CA-9649-137C48CE0F18.jpeg

6642F754-9E9F-4540-BA33-7B02BBF30B6A.jpeg

Last edited:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo Johnny,
To purchase such hoses go to Classifieds section, Parts For Sale & Wanted
To ask questions about them go to to Technical Support section and ask in appropriate year range.
Al
Mike, where is the classified section? I looked and can,nt find it.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I hear you. I have been having (still) trouble with the carb. So today I thought I would check the NEW Mr Gasket fuel gauge and fuel pressure gauge. I put it on 5 lbs --just a trikle of gas--I took it off and no improvemen. So I took the gauge off.No improvement. The I buy passed the big fuel filter--it shot out about 4 times and quit. Dead fuel pump--a NEW CARTER. So I,m thinking .Maybe all thos gadgets out too much back pressure on the pump and killed the pump. Tomorrow I,m gonna put the OLD PUMP BACK ON AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. iF THE WEATHER PERMITS.GOOD LUCK NOTTA
Took the NEW-JUNK MR GASKET PRESSURE REGULATOR OFF and I had my cousin to rebuild the carb and IT IS NOT LEAKING SO FAR.

johnnyreb

Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke