My 78

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well installed the drivers seat and seat belts getting ready to take her for a test drive. My brother Richard installed All new brakes lines calibers cylinders master cylinder and booster every part in the brakes from end to end. Great peddle. My brother Richard is amazing with these jobs.
Sounds like you have nice weather to get out and do something. We had had nothing but rain and cold. As soon as it breaks I,ll be out in it tinkering. I finished up a couple of wood pieces on a gun and they look nice. How,s the bumper coming along? I think I head over to Summersville tomorrow and see a friend about some angle iron to put some steps on my bronco and see if he needs any help on his 49 Ford coupe. He is really good on anything he touches.From putting on a tire to fabricateing metal.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Ok our two 7 year old grandsons have been helping me design this Bronco. Here is a front bumper layout JR & Sam helped with. Told them the dimensions this is what they came up with. I’m gonna build it.

Attachments

• B32D76C9-5091-4B02-BBFF-314A52EF682D.jpeg
    B32D76C9-5091-4B02-BBFF-314A52EF682D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Really slow at the moment. Been off playing with grandkids. Have a small start on the bumpers. Have the brush guards made, still need to cut the pipe. Then start welding guards to the brackets and pipe, then add some gussets for support of the guards.ED8399CB-5AC8-4B8B-8F65-961EA8E2B288.jpeg

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Really slow at the moment. Been off playing with grandkids. Have a small start on the bumpers. Have the brush guards made, still need to cut the pipe. Then start welding guards to the brackets and pipe, then add some gussets for support of the guards.View attachment 22467
Well the kids come first. Don,t blame you.They are little once.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
I know picked up some more steel yesterday. Have some new ideas for the mounts and gussets

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Whoohoo took ole Woody for a test drive. Man is she fast.

EA355D22-8916-4E39-B535-E45749977860.jpeg

recalibrated the GPS speed sensor when I returned to the shop. Changed from 16000 ppm to 4000 ppm. Hopefully that will do it.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Lost the fuel sensor too. It was working, I’m thinking the sending unit went out. Will check the ohms later today

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Good luck Nota. I,mm suppose to get the carb back for mine today. Sure hope its straighted out this time. I have to check out my gas gauge too.Plus alot of ther things. ,but if the carb works out good. At least I,ll be able to drive it. Its been all up hill on it for along time and I came along ways with it.Take care and good luck.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Whoohoo took ole Woody for a test drive. Man is she fast.

View attachment 22485

recalibrated the GPS speed sensor when I returned to the shop. Changed from 16000 ppm to 4000 ppm. Hopefully that will do it.
Where did you try it out? At the Salt Flats.hahaha I guess it is real fast.Better slow it down before you hit a speed bump.hahaha

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
This digital dash is crap. Sorry guys but they are not worth the trouble. Have reset this thing with every setting and it still reads weird. I do not recommend this brand

Intellitronix Digital Instrument Cluster​

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Have a set of rancho shocks on order should arrive next week still need to stuff some radiant barrier in and cover the front floors with rubber mats and insulation installed in the rear to quiet it down. Remove the thrush mufflers install some quieter turbos, and reroute the pipes out the sides. Bet it back from paint, bedliner the top, flat desert tan the rest, that should look good more idea to come

chrlsful

Reaction score
just due to the look (a huge bumper) I like thin, tall, long interior bed side tanks. Hard lines (mostly) a york ac compressor (or other) not just for tires but air bags & pneumatic tools as well..

"...I ordered a restomod hot rod wiring harness..."
As U seem to B doing a pretty complete restoration Y not go for the full Y/M/M harness they produce?
What I wish is there were looms for sale (partial harness). I am not into a full tear down (need it for a DD) and have an older (read even simpler 1) rig. I could use one for the instruments/dash, nother for engine/lights, one for back loom. I could tackle it a piece at the time (full disclosure: I am electrically AND financially challenged). So would help there 2.
8^ )

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Have a set of rancho shocks on order should arrive next week still need to stuff some radiant barrier in and cover the front floors with rubber mats and insulation installed in the rear to quiet it down. Remove the thrush mufflers install some quieter turbos, and reroute the pipes out the sides. Bet it back from paint, bedliner the top, flat desert tan the rest, that should look good more idea to come
Nota, I have Thrush on both of mine. One is dual exhaust and they made mine alot quieter. Before you could have the radio full blast and couldn,t hear it. haha

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
just due to the look (a huge bumper) I like thin, tall, long interior bed side tanks. Hard lines (mostly) a york ac compressor (or other) not just for tires but air bags & pneumatic tools as well..

"...I ordered a restomod hot rod wiring harness..."
As U seem to B doing a pretty complete restoration Y not go for the full Y/M/M harness they produce?
What I wish is there were looms for sale (partial harness). I am not into a full tear down (need it for a DD) and have an older (read even simpler 1) rig. I could use one for the instruments/dash, nother for engine/lights, one for back loom. I could tackle it a piece at the time (full disclosure: I am electrically AND financially challenged). So would help there 2.
8^ )

Good deal if you need help holler at me, be glad to share knowledge. Or you can drag it to the shop. Richard would love to work on it

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Nota, I have Thrush on both of mine. One is dual exhaust and they made mine alot quieter. Before you could have the radio full blast and couldn,t hear it. haha

Can’t stand to noise anymore. My neighbors may like the sound, it’s deep and low rumbling. Besides it’s a hunting rig, so I need to some what sneak through the woods. So quieter exhaust is a must. Plus I will duct them out behind the rear tires, not straight out the back. Richard has it running great.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom