My 78

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well that I am not.but a person could compare that and a tank that is certified and get a good guess. I was thinking about getting a air compressor off of a big truck like a tandem and set it upon the 390 I have. I used to drive a 67 tandem Ford and it had a 391 with air brakes. I know where their used to be some old log trucks and go back and see if I can get me one. Hopefully my gas line will be fixed tomorrow so I can take it for a test ride.
Thanks--its shaping up and looking good.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Thanks--its shaping up and looking good.
I,m thinking about putting the tow hitches on the front and back. That way I could use my winch on either end. I have two with the square end--where you put the trailer hitch in. I like that air tank idea of yours and its looking real nice. Maybe you better patent it. Simple ideas like that have made many people rich.If you do. Make sure you get a patent attorney and keep all the paper work. Some of these manufacturing company will steal your idea. Been through that.

Carnutt73

Reaction score
Yessir my grandsons love it. This is going be a hunting rig when I get it done, building custom bumpers taking these nice chrome one off. My buddy called today with a piece of 6” pipe I can get to use for the rear. Thought about making it into an air tank like I have on the 79.
View attachment 22306View attachment 22307

that’s a bumper! The front will be a tube bumper made from 1 3/4” and 1 1/2” tube with a place for a winch. I’m installing a small truck crane in the bed again like I have in the 79. It will also have a 2000 lb electric winch.
View attachment 22308
That is one slick idea. I have seen people use pipe as a bumper but never have it double as an air tank. Would hate to see the car that hits that bumper. The bumper would probably only get a scratch. That will be one **** of a hunting rig.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo Johnny,
Consider this On Board Air (OBA) Installation using stock Air Conditioning Compressor in a 78
Source: by chrono4
Thanks Mike. I will. When I was hunting way back in the mountains. I had my air tank with me in case someone needed help. One day I ran out of ***** and mad. I came around the curve and their sat my friends son and grandson. I stopped and asked him what,s wrong? He said he told his son.If they ran onto Johnny.He,d have his air tank and get some air and asked me. I told him yeah I had it if he had some *****. He said he did. We traded and we both were happy. I always had plenty of ***** in my vehicle then.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
I’m learning my lesson, it’s best to leave the painting to the folks that know how and have the right equipment. I’m not saving a penny in fact it’s costing me more.

Luke I am not your Painter!

Attachments

• CC15C22E-98DF-496C-9FB5-C02924FF5294.jpeg
    CC15C22E-98DF-496C-9FB5-C02924FF5294.jpeg
    637.1 KB · Views: 2

1989liftedbronco

Reaction score
hey yall i have a question i have a 1989 ford bronco that wont turn over when turn the key switch, i bought a new key switch and new seliond and starter still nun, but all the gages and lights turn on when i turn the key and it runs when i put power to the starter wire

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Finally have all the interior covered with primer..

Attachments

• E42C311E-BC97-439E-AE1D-91FC42F02925.jpeg
    E42C311E-BC97-439E-AE1D-91FC42F02925.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Now that it’s primed started prepping the front seats. Reworking the seat mounts and getting them ready to paint. As soon as the bedliner is sprayed and cured the front seats are going in and we will be going down the road

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
hey yall i have a question i have a 1989 ford bronco that wont turn over when turn the key switch, i bought a new key switch and new seliond and starter still nun, but all the gages and lights turn on when i turn the key and it runs when i put power to the starter wire
You really need to start your own thread. You will get more help.

turn your headlights on. Do they stay on when you try to start the truck or go out?

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m learning my lesson, it’s best to leave the painting to the folks that know how and have the right equipment. I’m not saving a penny in fact it’s costing me more.

Luke I am not your Painter!
LOL,
Yeah amazing how when we are younger breathing paint, getting it on your skin is not a big deal but as we get older it is more like why would I do that? how stupid.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
LOL,
Yeah amazing how when we are younger breathing paint, getting it on your skin is not a big deal but as we get older it is more like why would I do that? how stupid.
I walked in on a friend one day painting a car. The paint was so hick you could cut it with a knife. Their Derwwod was paint a car.Without a respirator on. I hollered at him and told him he better get a respirarator on or that paint would **** him. He laughed and said he had been doing it for years. I told him if he kept it up. He,ll find out. About a year later,. He came down with breathing problems--bad lungs from painting with out a respirator. About a year later I saw him at my cousins garage. I asked him how he was doing? No good. Breathing problems--waiting for a lung transplant. I asked him if he ever thought what I told him? He said yes and I wouldn,t be sick now. He died about 6 months later.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Nice job! Looking good so far.
Thanks I’m too old to work like this. The hard part is all the disassembly, sanding, cleaning, masking, cleaning again, priming, then wipe down again, then apply the product. Next time I will take em to a paint shop. I was thinking about doing the exterior, but now it’s going to my buddy’s shop..

Have the front seat brackets cleaned and will primer and bed coat them maybe Friday.

Carnutt73

Reaction score
Thanks I’m too old to work like this. The hard part is all the disassembly, sanding, cleaning, masking, cleaning again, priming, then wipe down again, then apply the product. Next time I will take em to a paint shop. I was thinking about doing the exterior, but now it’s going to my buddy’s shop..

Have the front seat brackets cleaned and will primer and bed coat them maybe Friday.
I can understand that. I do alot of my own paint work and its very time consuming.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke