My 78 Bronco Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77F150

Reaction score
It's looking really good, you've put a lot of work into it and it'll pay off. Speaking of rust try living in utah, rust capital of the world. Lookin good though. What year was that corvette in the one picture. Back on the subject I think we could all agree your doing a great job and most of us would love to be able to do half of what you have done. Good job! B)

OP
OP
C

custom_78

Reaction score
That's a 67 vette. Yeah the rust was not bad at all on this bronco. Pretty much rust free. I can't wait for Friday because it goes in for paint.

M

Macgyver777

Wow, great job on the Bronco. I also have a 79 that I have been trying to work on for a few years. For 15 your sure able to do a lot on yours. I have to buy all the tools before I can do any body work....mig welder/air tools....

Question, you are welding your roll cage directly to your frame. I understand this will be strong but are you not worried you will lose your frame/body flex? When offroading you would be surprised how much the frame wants to twist for obsticals. I guess since the body is all one peice on a bronco you won't ge the twist between the cab and bed anyhow. You may just have a really stiff ride...just going to have to rely on suspension movement.... :lol:

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Hmmm... looks like the post I sent on this didn't make it.

Here it is again.

I noticed in one of your photos with the silver coils that they are bowed badly. The coil shim spacer you made is a great idea for extra height but you need to cut a 7 degree taper to the shim so the coil cup sits level. Then take the small wedge you cut off and use it on top of the coil cup to keep the bolts aligned correctly. This will allow the coil to ride & flex better. :rolleyes:

Here's a photo to get the idea. I did a quick write up on theis not to long ago in the "How To Articles".

Coil_Shims.jpg

OP
OP
C

custom_78

Reaction score
I know thanks broncoholics but that is not going to be like that long. I'm gonna get 6" springs soon.

It's back. Differnet and painted white. Nice and shiny. I love the way it came out.

Picture%20559.jpg

Picture%20560.jpg

Picture%20561.jpg

Picture%20562.jpg

The blue and white look so good together

Picture%20563.jpg

Picture%20564.jpg

OP
OP
C

custom_78

Reaction score
Had it outside so I snapped a couple updated pics for you guys. It coming along nicly and looking great. Hope you guys think the same.

Picture%20579.jpg

Picture%20580.jpg

Picture%20581.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

custom_78

Reaction score
Finally put my steering wheel on that I got last Christmas

Picture%20584.jpg

Picture%20585.jpg

It's a sunny day so I snapped a picture.

Picture%20586.jpg

working on installing my rear panels and making speaker boxes

Picture%20588.jpg

OP
OP
C

custom_78

Reaction score
Flexin' If you ncan call it that. Rancho springs are pretty stiff.

Picture_046.jpg

Picture_047.jpg

Picture_048.jpg

Picture_049.jpg

Picture_050.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members