...more electrical issues!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

-mikko-

Reaction score
yo, ok, good

And for others and my peace-of-mind,

So that 2120 SWITCH is the SAME as your Bronco's Switch?

As well as the Connector?

And you have the BW 1356 Push Button Transfer Case?

Try more Googles if those sources won't ship to SUOMI Land.

Yes, the connector is the SAME as in my car and that seller (which link you gave me) on ebaymotors says that this NS92 is right to my car.

This NS92 is same than SW-2120 just different manufacturer, am I right (Standard Motor vs Motorcraft)?

And I have BW 1356 push button Transfer Case.

Correct way to say: ship to finland is: lähettää Suomeen ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

Yes, from others that have same year range, C6, BW 1356 Push Button those are same but diff manufacturer

Did you check out all the MC 2120 Sources I posted in Reply #17?

7 Sellers

I must go now. I have that bad Flu.

mikefamig

Reaction score
I understand that this is a very old thread but it is still helpful. I have come up against this problem myself and have a question.

Assuming that we are talking about a truck with manual transfer case shifting -

Has anyone tried installing a 4-wire switch, connecting the b-up and neutral safety switches to their respective wires in the harness and ignoring the two extra wires for the electric transfer shifting?

I don't have a wiring diagram but I suspect that those wires are not used on manual shift vehicles.

Mike.

yo,

Yes, from others that have same year range, C6, BW 1356 Push Button those are same but diff manufacturer

Did you check out all the MC 2120 Sources I posted in Reply #17?

7 Sellers

I must go now. I have that bad Flu.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I can try to find a wire diagram but I was thinking the T-case harness was seperate.

The trans harness is MLPS switch and Maybe the T-case position indicators?

Need to find a diagram.

mikefamig

Reaction score
I can try to find a wire diagram but I was thinking the T-case harness was seperate.

Need to find a diagram.
I do have the factory service manuals (3 books) and I thumbed through quickly and couldn't find wiring diagrams. I will have a good look later today. I checked the index and thumbed through the electrical section and nothing.

mikefamig

Reaction score
I plan to buy the switch from Henry's Parts Depot. I am insulted by the price but I am very busy and it should put the car on the road if it performs as advertised.

mikefamig

Reaction score
I plan to buy the switch from Henry's Parts Depot. I am insulted by the price but I am very busy and it should put the car on the road if it performs as advertised.
The switch arrived from Ray at Henry's parts depot and it is installed and workiing. The neutral safety and backup lights work and I still have no clue if the mystery wire pair does anything or is just dead wire.

The part is Ford branded and very similar to the original so while I can recommend the part it's harder for me to recommend paying $250 for a switch. I am in the middle of a large project and springtime is busy around the yard here so I justified the price to get the car going but it still stings.

I, as well as many guys here at Broncozone have been sharing information around the net freely for years and I'd like to raise a toast to those who who share!

mikefamig

Reaction score
While I was changing the neutral safety switch I poked around the wiiring harness a little and found an orange wire on the car side of the NSS connector that was cut. It was terminated and wrapped inside the harness which appears to be factory original. This leads me to suspect that the fifth and sixth wires in the six wire switch may just do nothing and were put there for later year trucks with the electric transfer case which I do not have. I would have explored further but I was working laying on the floor and not in the mood.

mikefamig

Reaction score

Need to find a diagram.
I don't understand what you mean when you say no need to find a diagram. It could show me where the unknown wire pair goes when it leaves the neutral safety switch. We know that one pair is for the starter circuit and one pair is for the backup lights and that leaves one pair un-accounted for.

mikefamig

Reaction score
Interesting thing that I learned in this repair that I want to share for the archives:

This 89 Bronco has a mechanical safety device in the steering column that does not allow me to turn the key to the start position unless the shifter is in the park of neutral position making the electrical neutral safety switch redundant. There is no way to turn the starter motor regardless of the nss switch position.

I needed to replace the switch to get the back-up lights to work but if the neutral safety function fails again I will just bypass the switch by twisting the nss wire pair together and continue using the switch for the b-up lights.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke