Look People!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RR-Texas

Reaction score
I needs to know how to test the Security Module and the PCM, I’ve got some information on the PCM, so far no hits on the Security, I know for a fact it won’t run without it plugged in. REALLY got to get it running again before the redhead has it towed off. She won’t I don’t think, but it may become my daily again too?

Is there a way to bypass and fire it off just to get it loaded, I can jump the fuel can you run power to the coil. I’m sure once I figure it out I’ll kick myself, I know I’m a better mechanic than this! I think all the previous 3am wake ups and all the recent moving and getting older has my brain slowed. It being 65 miles away now makes it harder to work on

Now wishing I’d gotten a 77, no modules😎

Thanks
Richard

OP
OP
RR-Texas

RR-Texas

Reaction score
I needs to know how to test the Security Module and the PCM, I’ve got some information on the PCM, so far no hits on the Security, I know for a fact it won’t run without it plugged in. REALLY got to get it running again before the redhead has it towed off. She won’t I don’t think, but it may become my daily again too?

Is there a way to bypass and fire it off just to get it loaded, I can jump the fuel can you run power to the coil. I’m sure once I figure it out I’ll kick myself, I know I’m a better mechanic than this! I think all the previous 3am wake ups and all the recent moving and getting older has my brain slowed. It being 65 miles away now makes it harder to work on

Thanks
Richard
Think I’m gonna have to throw some parts at it, PCM it being 65 miles away makes towing cost prohibitive and it’s not the friendliest place to be trying to diagnose it now. (If you’ve ever been around angry redheads) if the pcm don’t work I’ll have to use a tow bar it

johnnyreb

Reaction score

Thanks
Richard
Have you tried typeing in your problem--in the ADDRESS BAR and the YOUTUBE--then ENTER? They have alot of information and videos their .That might help you. Good luck

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Think I’m gonna have to throw some parts at it, PCM it being 65 miles away makes towing cost prohibitive and it’s not the friendliest place to be trying to diagnose it now. (If you’ve ever been around angry redheads) if the pcm don’t work I’ll have to use a tow bar it
Your begining to sound like *****. I hope you got everything take care of and everything is back to normal. Trying to concentrate of getting something fixed--and thinking about woman problems is a pain.I,m glad mine don,t live close buy. I ,d never get anything done.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo @RR-Texas
Somehow, I missed seeing this thread!!! Well, my vision wasn't and still isn't good. So here is what I xan offer to you and for posterity here.

PCM: TO TEST IT,
Measure resistance between battery negative post and pins 20, 40, and 60 at the EEC harness.
•Resistance must be less than 5.0 ohms.
•Replace faulty wiring between EEC and battery if not.
•Turn key to ON with engine OFF and EEC removed. Measure voltage on pins 1, 37, and 57. Must be above 10.5 volts and within 1.0 volt of each other.
•Replace faulty wiring between computer and battery if not.
•Turn key ON with engine OFF and EEC reinstalled. Measure voltage between Pin 26 and 46 (voltage reference and signal return) must be between 4.0-6.0 volts.
•Replace faulty wiring and sensors.
•Measure resistance between Pin 46 and Pins 40 and 60 at the EEC harness, must be less than 5.0 ohms.
•If all the wiring and sensors check out, Replace the EEC.

ANTI-THEFT:
System Arming
The system will be armed by the remote entry transmitter when the following input sequence is followed:
1. Turn off ignition switch and remove key.
NOTE: At this point the anti-theft system automatically monitors the ignition switch lock cylinder (11582). If the lock cylinder is removed, the anti-theft alarm will activate for 2 minutes and 45 seconds. To arm the system, follow remaining steps.
2. Close all doors (unlocked).
3. Press the LOCK button on a transmitter to lock doors. Alarm warning lamp will turn on.
4. Wait approximately 30 seconds for the anti-theft warning lamp to turn off.
The system will also be armed when the following input sequence is followed:
5. Turn off ignition switch and remove key.
6. Open a door. Alarm warning lamp will flash.
7. Lock doors with power door lock switches (14028). Alarm warning lamp will now glow steadily.
8. Close all doors.
9. Wait approximately 30 seconds for the anti-theft warning lamp to turn off.
Opening the driver or RH front door will activate the alarm after the alarm is armed.

Disarming an Untriggered System
The system can be disarmed by performing one of the following procedures.
- Unlock front door (20124) with a key.
- Unlock front door by pressing the UNLOCK button of a remote entry transmitter.
- If remaining in the vehicle, turn ignition switch to ON or ACC.
The rear door of Bronco is not tied in with the anti-theft system. Using the key on the rear door will not disarm or trigger the theft system.
System Triggering
The armed alarm system will be triggered if either of the following steps is taken.
- Any door is opened without using a key or a remote entry transmitter to unlock the door first. Opening the rear door on Bronco will not trigger the system.
- Removal of the ignition switch lock cylinder.

Disarming a Triggered System
Performing either of the following steps will disarm the triggered alarm system.
- Driver or RH front door is unlocked with a key.
- Driver's door is unlocked by pressing the UNLOCK button of a remote entry transmitter.
Two minutes and 45 seconds after the system has been triggered, the horns and exterior lamps will shut off automatically. The system will then reset to an armed state and will trigger again if another intrusion occurs. The vehicle's starter circuit will remain disabled until the system is disarmed.
Components
The system is composed of the following components:
- Anti-theft control module (19A366)
- Anti-theft warning lamp
- Door key disarm switches (driver and passenger doors)
- Remote entry module (15K602)
- Ignition switch lock cylinder sensor (19A438)
The following components already exist on the vehicle and are also used in the anti-theft system:
- Power door lock switches
- Lamp switches (13713) (all doors except Bronco rear door)
- Remote entry transmitter
- Horn relay
- Low beam headlamps
- Parking lamps (13201)
- Starter relay
The alarm system operating sequences are designed to be passive; therefore, the system can be armed or disarmed when following normal vehicle exit and entry procedures.
PANIC Alarm Activation
1. Press the PANIC button of a remote keyless transmitter. The exterior lights and horn will flash for approximately four minutes or until:
a. the PANIC button is pressed again, or
b. the ignition switch lock cylinder (11582) is turned on.
The panic feature is controlled with the remote keyless entry module and is completely independent of the anti-theft system.
Note that Theft is only optional on '94-95 trucks with RKE; the Theft system was not offered in '96.

94broncoantitheftmodulelocdash.jpeg
Screenshot_20210814-082408_Chrome.jpg

Anti-Theft Overview in 93-94 in Broncos; "...The anti-theft protection system provides two types of vehicle protection. The first is designed to provide the vehicle with protection from unauthorized entry into the passenger compartment and engine compartment (hood opening). The second monitors the status of the ignition switch lock cylinder. If triggered, the system provides both audio and visual alarm signals and disables the starter circuit. The system is controlled by an electronic module. When armed, unauthorized entry into the vehicle is detected by courtesy lamp switches (located in the passenger compartment door jambs), and a hood switch (located on the right cowl surface). In addition, the system triggers an alarm if the ignition switch lock cylinder is forcibly removed from the steering column tube (3514). The system immediately monitors the ignition switch lock cylinder upon removal of the key from the ignition. Once triggered, the system flashes the low beam headlamps, the parking lamps, the alarm indicator, and sounds the horn. In addition, the starter circuit is interrupted until the system is disarmed..."
Pull fuse 6 in cab fuse block to disable module.94broncoantitheftmodulewiring.gif

Anti-Theft System Service Tips TSB 94-25-05 for 93-94 Bronco, F Series, Explorer, Ranger, Econoline & many others
ISSUE An Anti-Theft System TSB recap has been developed for service use. This article includes the following topics:
(A) Anti-Theft Warning - Service Tips
(B) Anti-Theft Warning - Inadvertent Alarm Activation
(C) Anti-Theft Warning - Erratic Door Lock Operation
ACTION If Anti-Theft System repair is required, refer to the following procedures and references for service details.
(A-1) - AFTERMARKET ALARM MAY PREVENT SPEED CONTROL FUNCTION
ISSUE When installing the accessory (Dealer-installed) Remote Keyless Entry Kit (or any Aftermarket system), particular attention must be taken when connecting the starter interrupt feature. Both wires which originate from the same terminal of the ignition switch must be cut and crimped into the **** connectors as shown in the installation instructions. Incorrect connection to the start circuit can cause inoperative vehicle speed control and/or no self test codes from the vehicle self test diagnostic system.
ACTION Refer to installation instructions for wire color codes, or call 1-800-FORD KEY for assistance with Ford Dealer-installed accessory Remote Keyless Entry Kit assistance.
(A-2) - TIME ALARM SOUND CHANGE
ISSUE This change was incorporated to meet with New York State legislation requirements governing the operation of alarm sirens.
ACTION 1993-94 all NAAO vehicles RKE-equipped will, as of May 1, 1993, incorporate a software change that will shorten the length of time that the alarm will stay on when the panic button is pushed once. Alarm will sound for no more than 2 minutes 45 seconds. The time duration was 3 minutes.
ISSUE Water intrusion into the Right or Left Front Courtesy Lamp Switch (refer to EVTM) of the Anti-Theft System may cause inadvertent activation of the system.
ACTION To correct this condition you should:
Remove the switch from the door.
Place a small amount of silicone sealant on the back of the connector where the wires exit the connector (enough sealant should be used to seal the connector and prevent further water intrusion).
Tape wrap the connector and about 1.5" (38mm) of the wires beyond the switch connector.
Reinstall the switch.
Verify the repair.
(B-8) - 1993-94 "LIMITED" EXPLORER - INADVERTENT ACTIVATION OF THE ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM
ISSUE Vehicles built prior to 10/1/94 may have a concern with water entry into the area of the left rear quarter panel. Water can leak into the Anti-Theft Module and create inadvertent activation of the Anti-Theft Warning System, (lights flash and horn sounds) without ignition lockout.
ACTION To correct this condition, you should follow normal diagnostics as outlined in the appropriate Service Manual, Section 13-11. If the concern cannot be isolated, or diagnostics lead to replacement of the module, replace the Anti-Theft Module with part number F2VY-19A366-A for 1993 Model Year, and part number F4TZ-19A366-B for 1994 Model Year (these modules contain a water flap to resist water and prevent water intrusion).
PART NUMBER PART NAME CLASS
F2VY-19A366-A Anti-Theft Module (1993) B
F4TZ-19A366-B Anti-Theft Module (1994) C"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke