Locked keys in truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
Why would you break the rear window and then have to climb all the way through to open the door??????? The vent window is cheaper.

Broncobeginner123

Reaction score
I cant believe you did that, but hey it happens, i have a rear glass out of an 89, if ur interested. I locked my keys in the truck today also, lucky i left the window cracked about an inch, so i used a coat hanger to push the unlock button.

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
If you're looking for a full replacement top, good luck... STC is out of business, and the only other ones I've seen, that are readily available, are the fastback softops

... unless you get lucky on ebay, or can manage to find a used one

Roadkill

Reaction score
I'll never part with mine! In fact I put the hardtop back on in the winter in order too increase its useful life.

84broncoguy

Reaction score
Image015j.jpgi have an 84 ford bronco and i can kinda hit the door right between the door handle and the window and my lock usually comes up enough to open the door so if it happens again just try it ............ it worked for me

MasterBiss

Reaction score
Ford is the easiest car/truck to pick the lock on... if you don't have a slim jim, you can used those metal straps that are used to strap stuff to pallets, its thin metal, about an inch wide. just use tin snips and cut a v in the side about an inch from the tip, bend the end like an L slide it in a few inches behind the lock, slide it forward so the V will hit the lock rod, and pull up... i guarentee you get it within 2 tries.

Billings Lee

Billings Lee
Reaction score
i have an 84 ford bronco and i can kinda hit the door right between the door handle and the window and my lock usually comes up enough to open the door so if it happens again just try it ............ it worked for me
hhahhahahahaha thats amazing :)) :)) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) :))

BLACKBEAUTY

Reaction score
Like the title says. . . i sorta locked the keys in the car while finishing up working on the truck. (my only set of keys)
Does anyone know how to open the doors without having to break a window?
Find a wire coathanger. Stretch it out. shove the hook between the weatherstripping and glass right above the handle. Fish around with the hook until you catch the wire that opens the hande and than pull straight up. That should open it.

Big Ragu

Reaction score
Like "masterbiss" said I made 2 slimjims out of pallet strapping. I keep one in my wifes car and one in my truck this way if one of us should lock our keys in the car/truck the other can come with one. Now if both of us should lock the keys in veh. than I guess we should hand our keys and driver lic.s over to the proper people and ride bikes....LOL .......peace

Marty

Reaction score
I would have done that but the truck had most of the electrical ripped out. . . .no power locks :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So. . . . I had no choice but to do this :

Waiting 20 min and less than 40 to get it opened is cheaper than that piece of glass.....

Marty

Reaction score
Waiting 20 min and less than 40 to get it opened is cheaper than that piece of glass.....

But I do happen to have an extra back glass laying around if you are interested...

bobstrat

Reaction score
man all these ford guys and nobody mentioned AAA?

not only free towing, but free locksmith service as well.

owning one ford will make your membership pay for itself.

Yardape

Reaction score
man all these ford guys and nobody mentioned AAA? not only free towing, but free locksmith service as well.

owning one ford will make your membership pay for itself.
I've owned fords all my life, I've never called AAA or any other service. Are you sure your not confusing your evil thoughts with a Chev you've owned in the past. Why are you bashing Fords on a Ford specific site? Are you an enemy spy?

bobstrat

Reaction score
I've owned fords all my life, I've never called AAA or any other service. Are you sure your not confusing your evil thoughts with a Chev you've owned in the past. Why are you bashing Fords on a Ford specific site? Are you an enemy spy?

i have a mustang and now the bronco.(the mustang shouldve come with a tow truck option) i love my fords when they run. i still need to get to work everyday so thats why i also have the chevy pickup. by far the most dependable vehicle ive ever owned. id still rather drive one of the fords. as long as its american iron i dont care what the brand is. no rice for me.

TPLS JNNY

Reaction score
Tecumseh,ont,canada.....close to detroit mi
This comment is a lil too late but.... I picked up slim jims at a dollar tree store in mi and gave a bunch out for christmas and on the back of the pkg it has easy ass instructions to get into just about any vehicle...I have never had to use it on my bronco but helped a few people in other vehicles...

xplosiveg06

Reaction score
haha ive locked myself outta my truck as well. I called AAA to help me out and what they did is stick a blood pressure tester inbetween the door jam and pumped it up. then it opened a gap and he pushed the electronic open lock button on the door.. man didint know it was that easy to get in the trucks ....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23