Little help… what is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Finally got to removing the gas tank and cleaning up underneath. Came upon this bracket, just inside the rear passenger side leaf spring. None on the other side. Is there something missing that should be there? Hope you’re all having a great wknd and Happy Easter, if you celebrate.

Attachments

• 106F7031-EC4A-4AC4-89A9-CB5DCB35D60D.jpeg
    106F7031-EC4A-4AC4-89A9-CB5DCB35D60D.jpeg
    360 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Along the same thread regarding gas tank swap. The section of pipe that runs from the gas cap and connects by hose to the tank doesn’t seem to be a replaceable part on the sites I’ve checked. Got a replacement kit with the new tank, so everything else will be new. Anyone know if there’s a source for that? Or how easily it cleans up? Looking pretty nasty. Thx.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
The filler neck? Honestly have no idea if it can be bought.

the hose you can get at napa, they sell by the inch I think.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
The filler neck? Honestly have no idea if it can be bought.

the hose you can get at napa, they sell by the inch I think.
Thanks, Tiha - BroncoGraveyard sent new hose as part of the replacement kit ... it's the hard pipe with the overflow/vent tube attached that doesn't seem to be available.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Along the same thread regarding gas tank swap. The section of pipe that runs from the gas cap and connects by hose to the tank doesn’t seem to be a replaceable part on the sites I’ve checked. Got a replacement kit with the new tank, so everything else will be new. Anyone know if there’s a source for that? Or how easily it cleans up? Looking pretty nasty. Thx.
Jeff,s bronco used to sale the tube. Its been awhile and cost me . I think about $50. Now the picture. That is a exhaust clamp someone had added before. From the picture. It looks like you might also have a broken center bolt on the spring. While under it fixing one thing. You,ll notice their might be other parts(bushings tore up or missing) that will need to be replaced too. I had to replace alot on mine. Good luck .

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Post a picture of what part you need
I think its the big hose and small hose.Going from the filler neck to the gas tank.They come with a piece of metal .That goes between the frame and body. If he will notice--between that area--if their is not any room to put the hose through. The body bushing(s) probably need replaced too. Like mine-----------oh well,what can we expect . Its old and can expect to replace worn out parts.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I think its the big hose and small hose.Going from the filler neck to the gas tank.They come with a piece of metal .That goes between the frame and body. If he will notice--between that area--if their is not any room to put the hose through. The body bushing(s) probably need replaced too. Like mine-----------oh well,what can we expect . Its old and can expect to replace worn out parts.
Now some only have the big hose. The 79 will have both and SOME 78,s

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
I’ll send a pic when I get home from work. And thx @johnnyreb I’m considering a lift kit when I get that far. Whole suspensions getting
Post a picture of what part you need

Attachments

• AE6C370E-C7BE-47AE-99E6-54C901BEB1FE.jpeg
    AE6C370E-C7BE-47AE-99E6-54C901BEB1FE.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 16
  • C0B5C5E4-3E91-4446-A16C-B2106EC7EB9E.jpeg
    C0B5C5E4-3E91-4446-A16C-B2106EC7EB9E.jpeg
    386.2 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Not much of a pipe section to replace, and yes, it has the extra tube on it. Figure I can clean up the outside well enough but lookin a bit nasty on the inside as well. Not the biggest problem I have, but since I’m replacing everything else, figured I’d get this if they’re available. Maybe it’s no big deal?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Ok, thx!--you can also find other places buy doing that -To find what you are looking for. While you are at it--between the frame and body., You might as well measure that and see if it goes through and NOT sut off the hose. Some comes with a metal piece. If it shuts off the hose--you will probably have to put body bushing on it. I do and will this summer. Good luck and your welcome

johnnyreb

Reaction score
When I crawled under mine to check it out---I had alot to replace. Even the front axle bushing. One was halt way gone and the other one was gone. And it steered perfect. They,r a bi tch to change.Better get a come-along to do that.Good luck. Oh and another thing. These plug wire s you get at the parts stores., Sometime they do not go down all the way on the plug and cause them to foul out. I got MOTORCRAFT and they do.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
check out FILLERNECK SUPPLY-They have alot of gas tank parts
When I bought my hoses from Jeff,s bronco. It had a metal piece that went around the big hose. I,ve gotta raise my body up and put it on. I have about 3 inch blocks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23