Lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bidibronco

Reaction score
I can get a 6" lift kit without the new hardware and no pitman arm for $500. No lift blocks it's a 6" spring. Is it worth it or should I try to talk him down?

Roadkill

Reaction score
In addition to the lift kit, you will need a new pitman arm (about $60), 4 or 6 longer shocks (not sure on price, but figure at very least $30-$40 each) and of course whatever hardware parts are not included. Several sources sell a 6" lift with new leaf springs, shocks, and pitman arm for around $750.

Here is just one example: http://store.4wheelingplus.com/proddetail....25BH&cat=63

I would say figure out exactly what additional stuff you need, check prices, and do the math for yourself, but you probably should try to get the price lower. Specially if it is a used and not a "new" kit.

Edit:

When you do the math, don't forget shipping charges if you order stuff over the internet.

Second Edit:

All of that stuff I wrote is assuming that $500 kit is not one of the more pricey kits from someone like Superlift, Skyjacker, BDS, etc. If thats the case, or if its got extendend radius arms that would make me reconsider the advice I wrote.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

bidibronco

Reaction score
No extended radius arms, I forget the brand but it is name brand and it does come with new shocks. They look like they were rode the hardest for some reason. From the pictures it doesn't look like a bad kit but I do believe it's used and I'm not sure of a good place to get new hardware for it at a decent price. I'll give him a call and see what I can talk him down to.

Roadkill

Reaction score
Here is that same kit on BDS Website for $1200. Pitman arm and shocks included. I don't have any personal experience with BDS but I've heard good stuff about them. A pitman arm is about $60-$70 from several sources and even if you need $100 worth of nuts and bolts, it looks like you've got a decent find there. Never hurts to try to talk the price down, though. B)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
Hey Bidi, just a friendly reminder to use grade 8 hardware for you're lift. It sounds like a fair deal to me depending on shipping like Roadkill said. Good luck I hope you get it.

muddog

Reaction score
how rough are u on the truck. I got a complete 6 in lift from rough country for $600 (inc. shipping). now most people say that brand is junk, but I do some hard wheelin from time to time and I've had no problems. (i think that they've never had rough country and there biased towards the big name brands if you ask me) but they only come with four shocks if you got quad shocks in the front. but you can get the shocks from the manufacture $25 a piece, i think.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat