Kc's Or Roll Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ktomek06

Reaction score
Today, I will either be ordering 2 KC lights to put in my brushguard from a place in town or Ill be getting the roll bar off broncograveyard I have the money for one of them. Which should it be? Or should it be somethin else? I have no lift..so rolling is not a huge problem, also summer is almost over and Ill prolly be having the top and Ill prolly get more use out of the kc's..but i dunno

11161x1_small.gif
?

17621x1_small.gif
???

if kc's what kind and color....i like these stone guards
7211.jpg

[SIZE=13pt]or[/SIZE]

7879ROLLBAR.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I'd say go with the roll bar. You never know when your gunna roll.

My friends dad just rolled his stock 89 Bronco on the freeway and caved the roof to the dash. He was hurt very badly and wished he had a roll bar. He always thought the factory top had an internal roll bar. Nope! Just thicker metal from what I saw in the torn metal. KC's are nice for night driving on back roads only, if you don't do much off roading its not worth it. If you plan on the KC's make sure they are not 55w. Go with at least 100w+

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
Rollbar!

Although KCs do make a truck stand out in a crowd :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How much is that roll bar and does it fit inside with the top on, properly fit that is.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A roll bar may be my next big investment for my bronco as I already have 7 KCs on it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Reaction score
Roll bar is way cooler than KC's, well at least to me. Go with the roll bar especially if you can add more to it later on, and kinda make it into an internal cage, and that would be way cool.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
the cage colvers the right side of the glove box so you have to cut the door down and fill in the empty gap in the dash. I've seen in the early Bronco's people cut the hinges so it opens and slides to the lelt out of the way of the cage.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Kyle, I told you what my next mod is going to be: 10-point roll cage. Even though you prolly will not race it at Van Vleck, you never know when someone in Bay City will pull out in front of you ( happens to me daily) or you have an accident. More than a few friends of mine have rolled their stock Broncos on gravel roads or on trails, so that's why I am getting the cage kit. The JBG rollbar is not as complete, but is still a good safety feature for $150. I would suggest that you tie it into the frame like we talked about. JSM84

OP
OP
K

Ktomek06

Reaction score
what is the price difference from the 10 point and this one...who makes the one you have btw?

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Maybe $100 more now, but I paid $330 shipped to my door for the S&W cage kit. Have you seen the NAPA commercial with Alan Jackson? He's driving an EB with a chrome factory rollbar (sweet!). You have a PM, too, Randy JSM84

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23