K&N FIPK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mitchell

Reaction score
I'm thinking of putting a K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit in my 1995 Bronco. I've heard different things. Do they really increase performance?

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Do they really increase performance?
26941[/snapback]

Not likely.... How would you know anyway..?

Here's how;

Go to a "dyno" shop with your new stock filter...after tests, put your fancy $$$ filter on....re-test.

When you see the results, find someone to sell your fancy $$$ filter to.

You can strap on a filter the "size of your house" but a 500 CFM carb/airhorn is only going to pull in 500+- CFM.

Rule of thumb... a stock filter will be rated somewhat greater than the carb. they go on.

A 500 CFM carb. probably has a 600+ CFM stock filter...!

Remember the golden rule, "One can't stuff 6lbs. of S**T in a 5 lb. bag"

:rolleyes: :-&

cowboydan

Reaction score
k&n filters have been around for years. they do everything they claim. i"ve run k&n for 10 years in many cars and trucks. cost up front isn't bad anymore but i think it would be the best thing you buy for your truck

and if you don't believe me.... they do have a money back garrentee

Outlaw88

Reaction score
k&n filters have been around for years. they do everything they claim. i"ve run k&n for 10 years in many cars and trucks. cost up front isn't bad anymore but i think it would be the best thing you buy for your truckand if you don't believe me.... they do have a money back garrentee

26948[/snapback]

I found it online for $230 through jegs, seems to be the cheapest i can find it. It comes to alittle over $250 with shipping and i been thinking of getting it. So what all does the K&N hookup replace from the stock air system?

B-Cack

Reaction score
I put one on a year and a half ago, I think it helps a little bit, plus it sounds cool as ****! I found mine at Advanced Auto for about $130... I have a '93 Bro

Outlaw88

Reaction score
I put one on a year and a half ago, I think it helps a little bit, plus it sounds cool as ****! I found mine at Advanced Auto for about $130... I have a '93 Bro
26961[/snapback]

do they have a website? and how come on some ordering sites they show only one throttle body tube and on others there are two? I know with the two it is the 57 series, but what is the difference anyways, and what all does the k&n intake system replace?

Outlaw88

Reaction score
Ordered my K&N air setup kit on saturday paid for 2nd day shipping and it still aint here!!!

Outlaw88

Reaction score
You might find this interesting from Ford Muscle Magazine. http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2002/03...ir/index2.shtml
They do a lot of testiong to see what works and what doesn't :-"

:)>-

27076[/snapback]

I prefer to test things for myself, i appreciate the article but I like to try things on my own. I've always wanted K&N and I feel that I will be getting much more air flow this way. Next step is to replace the cracked exhaust manifold and hopefully reduce some of that loss back pressure now.

Seabronc

Reaction score
I prefer to test things for myself, i appreciate the article but I like to try things on my own. I've always wanted K&N and I feel that I will be getting much more air flow this way. Next step is to replace the cracked exhaust manifold and hopefully reduce some of that loss back pressure now.
27082[/snapback]

If you looked at the other articles there, they said KN was definately an improvement, just that particular method of installing a KN made no difference. You definately need the KN where it won't be sucking in hot engine compartment air or crap from the road.

I don't see any need for a KN on my truck since I have a filter system that is capable of handeling a larger carb than I already have plus the intake is infront of the radiator and angled so it won't **** in road crap or rain. KN would be of no advantage to me, and as Bully Bob so aptly put it,"You can strap on a filter the "size of your house" but a 500 CFM carb/airhorn is only going to pull in 500+- CFM."

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Outlaw88

Reaction score
I am really wondering how long it will take to get my air filter system. I paid for 2 day shipping, which i ordered saturday but still this is 3 working days now that it has had and should of been in yesterday or today.

Outlaw88

Reaction score
I just called Jeg's to find out why the **** I still haven't gotten my intake and the guy told me according to their records its on backorder and wouldn't ship for another 4 weeks atleast. I paid for 2nd day shipping and it's gonna take a month to ship it, so I just f**kin' cancelled it. Whatever that's $250 I could spend to fix something else the Bronco needs.

ocalabronco

Reaction score
if you really want it, just go to an auto parts store and check. they should have it, or at least be able to order it. i know advance carriers a large stock of K&N's, they should have at least just the filter

Outlaw88

Reaction score
if you really want it, just go to an auto parts store and check. they should have it, or at least be able to order it. i know advance carriers a large stock of K&N's, they should have at least just the filter
27138[/snapback]

I was thinking of asking my local auto parts store if they can order the intake system. And i was wondering just how much of an improvement the drop in would make, since it'd still be covered in that monsterous housing system.

ocalabronco

Reaction score
i had the drop in before i went to the snorkel, couldn't notice any difference, maybe 1/2 MPG more. i was talking about the cone element, so you could make the ghetto fab system and save about 200 bucks

SrATEX

Reaction score
I did a ghetto fab K&N FIPK on my 88. I did notice approx a mile increase in MPG. Also better throttle response. If that is all i got, plus a reusable filter it is worth it. Cost me approx 60 bucks to make the kit myself.

Filter is RF-1012. approx 50 bucks. Then i took 3" exhaust pipe. cut it to two 6" pieces. Fabbed up a braket to hold it down to the inner fender well. sprayed the exhaust pipe with red rustoleum and bam...K&N FIPK.

442530_153_full.jpg

442530_154_full.jpg

bracket was made out of stainless steel...got a free supply from the sheet metal shop

SrATEX

Reaction score
I was thinking of asking my local auto parts store if they can order the intake system. And i was wondering just how much of an improvement the drop in would make, since it'd still be covered in that monsterous housing system.
27140[/snapback]

a drop in is basically going to do nothing for you but, give you a reusable filter. which in the long run will be cost effecient

Outlaw88

Reaction score
I did a ghetto fab K&N FIPK on my 88. I did notice approx a mile increase in MPG. Also better throttle response. If that is all i got, plus a reusable filter it is worth it. Cost me approx 60 bucks to make the kit myself.
Filter is RF-1012. approx 50 bucks. Then i took 3" exhaust pipe. cut it to two 6" pieces. Fabbed up a braket to hold it down to the inner fender well. sprayed the exhaust pipe with red rustoleum and bam...K&N FIPK.
Haha that really is ghetto fab. I know I wouldn't be spraying it red, but what is the point of the exhaust pipes? Just for looks or does it actually serve a purpose. Do you need to remove the air box and all that breather element s**t below does this replace everything just like the real FIPK or is it just the element breather?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J’s Bronco