just order my lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEEVO

Reaction score
just ordered my 6inch lift from rough country! i'm like a kid in a candy store i'm so excited right now, i didnt order the the qaud shocks though the guy installing it said it wasnt necessary an that i could run the kit without them?Is this tru cause if not i'm gonna order them!

Broncobill78

Reaction score
No, you don't *need* the front quads, it'll drive fine w/just the singles. Does yours have the factory quad mounts on it already ? If it originally came with quads it's no big deal to come back to it later on and add the second pair of shocks if you decide you want them. If it didn't come with that option you'll have to add the brackets and you might want to change to shocks that aren't quite as stiff individually if you're gonna run 4 instead of 2, but again that's not a real big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yardape

Reaction score
Besides it looks much more cool with Dual shocks up front. Since switching to a dana 60 I lost my quad shock setup. I think it looks ***** so I will fab up a bracket to run dual shocks again.

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
just ordered my 6inch lift from rough country! i'm like a kid in a candy store i'm so excited right now, i didnt order the the qaud shocks though the guy installing it said it wasnt necessary an that i could run the kit without them?Is this tru cause if not i'm gonna order them!
Good choice! But I would go with 4 in the front and two in the back. Enjoy!

OP
OP
B

BEEVO

Reaction score
thanks for the input i love this website. ill just go back and add the 2 shocks later there only 50 bucks more thanks guys also got to agree it does look beefer with 4 and yes it has the factory qaud also. does any no a place to get a set of 15x10 RIMS and a set of 37 by 12.50 or 35 by 12.50 for A GOOD PRICE? NOT TRYING TO **** THE BANK.

Broncobill78

Reaction score
Wagon wheels are always pretty cheap as far as rims go but if you're looking to do it on a budget then I'd say start looking around for a used set and stay flexible on the brand. Craigslist is usually a good bet just be patient and check often.

bassplayer07

Reaction score
I just sold my shocks a couple weeks ago on craigslist. They were just for the stock ride height and I let all 6 go for $80.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23