Just Bought an 88 EB Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MississippiSlim

Reaction score
So I just bought a 1988 Bronco Eddie Bauer Edition. Paid 2600 for it. Seems to run pretty good maybe a small oil leak or two. Good paint. Tranny seems good as does TC and front end. Decent interior. Very little rust (just a couple spots of surface rust in some out of the way spots) Gets about 13-14 MPG so far

Now for whats wrong:

Needs New Window motor on pass. side

Needs ws wiper motor (works but is noisy)

Needs new U-Joints

Radiator may need replacing (bar stop worked for now)

small exhaust leak

Had to put new tires (they were about 75% worn and street tires) Put some All terrains stock size for now)

Anyway, just from this description, do you think I got a screwed or is that about right price???

OP
OP
M

MississippiSlim

Reaction score
Any opinions? I always wonder if I pay too much for things cause I can never find anything when I am looking but after I buy something I see all kind of stuff....usually at a better price than what I pay....I **** as a business man!

marvin

Reaction score
thats not bad no matter how good of a deal you get you will always see a better deal all and all not bad and it sounds like it just needs a bit of tlc tune up and such

OP
OP
M

MississippiSlim

Reaction score
broncoanddogs_005_1_.jpgbroncoanddogs_004_1_.jpgbroncoanddogs_003_1_.jpgbroncoanddogs_002_1_.jpgI was feeling that it was an okay deal but just needed some reassurance from folks in the know... I guess it is decent cause I just took it 200 miles to work offshore with no problems other than a squeling fan belt and a pint of oil (which I probably needed before I left home since I had not run it since i changed the oil). I hope it gets me home next week! :) The steering is a little sloppy but not bad. I already love this truck! It doesn't seem to have the low end that my old F150 with 36 BS mudders 6" lift and lower gears but I am pleased and so happy to have another 4WD been 10 years since I got rid of my truck and I hae missed it every day since.

I just bought some cheap AT tires for it so I could save some cash for the REAL tires....probably lift it slightly and put 33's or so on it.

Can't wait to get home and work on it when I get off work in 12 days.

One complaint with what I see about the Bronco is the exhaust design....the outlet under the rear bumper pumps exhaust into the cab when the back glass is down. (It even warns of it in the owners manual ...which was still in the truck!) I think I will eventually reroute them to exit by the back tires or something....

Last edited by a moderator:

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
The best part of being a bronco owner is smelling like exhaust after driving it with the window :-" Anyways, where ever you put it, itll probably **** it in unless it dumps UNDER the truck or before the tires

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J’s Bronco