It's just a ......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronc76

Reaction score
....general question to EB owners with suspension lifts. Has anyone noticed that when installing dual shocks in front help with wandering? Or would this help at all? All other components are good such as steering,tie rods, R/A bushings etc.....

S_bolt19

Reaction score
You don't want dual shocks anyway. They are typically rougher to ride on. Check your tires in addition to what Bob said, wider tires will track the ruts in roads, asphalt or dirt, a lot more than a narrower tire will. Do you have a steering stabilizer? Is it new or is it an old one. I know a worn out stabilizer shock will let you wanter quite a bit.

OP
OP
B

Bronc76

Reaction score
I wouldn't want duals anyway because of the ride, and I figured the tires would make it wander,just thought I'd get different opinions. Steering stabilizer is fine.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
....general question to EB owners with suspension lifts. Has anyone noticed that when installing dual shocks in front help with wandering? Or would this help at all? All other components are good such as steering,tie rods, R/A bushings etc.....
If all is good take this in, short wheel base and big lift and 36 swampers will wander, proper tire inflation helps, a slight wind will make ya wander. Try pushing a sheet of plywood into a strong wind, you would wander too. Thats about what we are doing with our broncos when we are at highway speeds, and rutted roads.

My 2 cents.

S_bolt19

Reaction score
Try pushing a sheet of plywood into a strong wind, you would wander too. Thats about what we are doing with our broncos when we are at highway speeds, and rutted roads. My 2 cents.
I figured it was more of a cinder block type effect running down the road. EBs have gotta be one of the least aerodynamic vehicles in the history of automobiles, but it would take an awful lot to make me trade mine. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23