Is The Shackle Kit Really All It Takes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letrain

Reaction score
hey someone said a f350 conversion kit would make someone able to put leaf springs on a bronco, how exactly i've been looking and went to ORU's site and saw they have that, and they also have a "solid axle conversion kit" to "transform you 2 wheel drive f250-f350 to 4 wheel drive", i know basically all i need on the front is somewhere to mount the leaf springs, the shocks and some new stearing components(and axles duh), but i don't know too much about it so i don't know what kit i "really" need and if i'm just going to get swindled or something

thnx please someone help!!! [-o<

Last edited by a moderator:

azrockrat

Reaction score
also some good fabercation skills help here cause you have to cut and weld a few parts here and there..

OP
OP
L

letrain

Reaction score
but really all i would need is the shackle kit?? for 450 dollars? not the 950 SAS conversion?

OP
OP
L

letrain

Reaction score
i'm at work, so i don't know where the other one i found for cheaper is, but i know they have the shackle kit and the SAS kit on www.offroadunlimited.com, sure you might of heard of ORU, thier for f250 and f350, but its the same frame just a small area has to be cut i think, my brother in-law has a f350 from same year and i've checked it out, it would be so easy, its funny! its just looks that easy, but its a matter of getting the shackle kit and then just bolt mounting it to frame, or the SAS and have to worrying about cutting and welding, they have pictures of what the kit looks like, the only problems is i don't know how they install it, because if i did i'd know what i'd have to do on mine, they don't have e-mail...weird? but i am going to call this after noon and see if they can fax over install instructions, i'll say i just want to make sure i can do it. anyways! i'll post the other link when i get home!

here is the link to the other site http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/ford1.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
L

letrain

Reaction score
My Frame doesn't look like that! its not a box in the front

OP
OP
L

letrain

Reaction score
i know the idea is the same, but. the kit they sell basically puts the mounts for leaf on a f250-f350 frame, all i need is new shocks mounts, pitman arm, steering rod, and the sway bar. so if i bought the kit i would have the mounts takin care of which is the hard part, the rest would be easy, correct?

Gunner

Reaction score
umm ok i read this quickly but i remember something about all you need is the shackle kit and solid front axle to make the two wheel drive into a 4X4. um no that isnt entirely correct you are forgetting one more high dollar item. a good transfer case might help that situation out a little to.

OP
OP
L

letrain

Reaction score
hahaha no shit, but i already have bronco, so i don't need the transfer case, the shackle kit will work as long as i have a f250-f350 to steal everything else off, like the springs, axles, sway bar and steering linkage, i did get the 2x4 to 4x4 kit it would work then i'd just need the spings and axles(on my bronco) but i'd rather just get an old beater and rip it up

Gunner

Reaction score
lol i know you already knew that i was just messing around. hey it wasnt mentioned so anyone looking might not have known. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
L

letrain

Reaction score
lol no its cool! but u might of thought i was talking about doing it to a 2x4 f150, dont know, anyways to correct my earlier i statement, i did NOT get the 2x4 to 4x4 conversion, but was just saying that i could and spend more money, but i'd rather just get the 450$ kit and then a 500 f250 and then do the conversion

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23