E4OD tugger shift kit pump mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this?

I am wondering what drill bit sizes people have used, mostly on the pump to control tc lockup.
I think the original hole is around .063
The kit calls .073 normal
.083 firm
And .093 firmest.

I want a quick firm lockup but don't want to overdue it. Changing this size again means dropping the trans.

From what I have read online I find people saying use the .093 to holy mother of God don't go that big and that is way too firm under a heavy load but great for normal driving.

This is on a 95 f350 diesel 4x4 that will do some towing.

Going with a new triple disc converter will change lockup by itself but converter manufacturer says their lockup is still gentle and will not break the input shaft.

The torque converter itself can greatly affect shifting even while unlocked.

I am removing the sonnax tricumulator spring set and installing the transgo tugger kit.

Seriously thinking about a stand alone controller for the trans.

Opinions? Experience?

OP
OP
Tiha

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I went with a .085 drill bit, a little bigger than firm, but smaller than the firmest size.

if I ever get the rest of my parts I will put this thing together and see how it works.

Now I need to decide what sizes to drill the calibration plate that came in the kit. But the trans does not need to come out to change these sizes. Only the pan needs to come off.
They control 1-2 shift, 2-3 shift and 3-4 shift.

From what I have read it seems like 1-2 is pretty firm with the recommended size. But 2-3 and 3-4 seem soft and most seem to wish they had gone bigger.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo