Ignition cylinder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keeprollling

Reaction score
Whats going on fellas? I am back in town, I have been out in Denver and with out my Bronco for a few weeks now. I got back last night and when searching for my keys I relaized I was not going to find them. This really sucks because I lost the keys to the house, my Nova, my Blazer, my guns, and my Bronco.

My Bronco is currently parked at the office so its cool but I want to drive it again, I really miss it. I went to purchase an ignition key cylinder and the door locks, when trying to remove the old ignition cylinder, I ran into problems, I was just not able to figure out how to remove it. I have pretty much destroyed the lock but still not able to turn the switch.

Does anyone know of any trick on how to remove this little son of a gun? I think I can figure out the doors.

By the way, it feels good to be back in LA.

boader73

Reaction score
Yea-it was a real easy job to replace the lock cylinder. under the steering column there is a small pinhole- push in with a small screwdriver while wiggling it. I just replaced mine last week hoping that would fix my problem--mine turned out to be the rod instead,not so easy.

desert4wheeling

Reaction score
Yes there is a pin hole to remove the ignition lock cylinder, but it must be turned in order to remove it. You will have to drill it and force it over. Or you can very carefully drill out the retainer pin. You can also call a locksmith.

snowman74

Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up, Hang On!
Reaction score
Personally, I'd take the latter option and just call a smitty....

Snowman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat